Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit an alv Report and return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem when i submit an ALV Report RPUFIXDS

and do exporting list to memory. I am using the function module LIST_FROM_MEMORY to get back the list output, I know for sure that it works for list output,i was not sure whether it works for alv report as I tried and its not working.

If any one has faced the same problem Plz help.

Regds,

Rajeev

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checkout the thread

<b>and also</b>

Thanks

SK

0 Kudos

I have always been under the impression, that retrieving lists from memory for ALV report does not work. Even if it is a classical ALV list. I have never got it to work.

Regards,

Rich heilman

0 Kudos

Yes, that's correct. 'SAVE_LIST', 'LIST_FROM_MEMORY' etc work with only classical reports (with Write statements), not ALV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajjev,

U have to import and see this code.

See this once.

SUBMIT (P_PROG) USING SELECTION-SET P_VAR EXPORTING LIST

TO MEMORY AND

RETURN.

CALL FUNCTION 'LIST_FROM_MEMORY'

TABLES

LISTOBJECT = LISTOBJECT

EXCEPTIONS

NOT_FOUND = 1

OTHERS = 2.

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

WRITE 'Error in list_from_memory.'.

ENDIF.

CALL FUNCTION 'LIST_TO_ASCI'

TABLES

LISTASCI = ASCITAB

LISTOBJECT = LISTOBJECT.

0 Kudos

Yes, Submit...exporting to memory and return works. That is the only option for ALV (to the best of my knowledge). What I meant is doing a 'SAVE_LIST' in the program and calling 'LIST_FROm_MEMORY' later does not work with ALV.

0 Kudos

I tried all the ways that you guyz have suggested before making a post here but it didn't work. Any way i got my problem solved i created a tcode for the report and made a call transaction.

Thanks for all your help!.

Rajeev