cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving datafile using brtools- what to do in DR site?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have primary site and disaster recovery site. Whatever the archive logs generated in Primary site , we applied to the DR site to make it at par. The database in DR site is in mount state as stand by database..

Now, in production site we want to move some datafiles from /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1 to /oracle/<SID>/sapdata19 by using brtools. My question is, do we need to do the same thing to the DR site or if we apply the archive log file as usual will do the same thing automatically? And what are the prerequisite or Precaution we need to take?

Thank in advance.

Regards,

Debiprasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From the information provided, that you apply the archive logs manually on the DR site, its clear that STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT is set to MANUAL and is not AUTO managed.

If the parameter was set to AUTO the process would have been taken care of automatically. In this case applying the archive logs manually should work.

More details: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10823/manage_ps.htm#1022519

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudan,

Thanks. I go through the link which you mentioned. As per my understanding, the steps are given below,

1st - shutdown the database primary site

2nd - copy all archive log files of primary site to DR site.

3rd - apply all copied log to DR database ( we generally apply manually).

4th - Shutdown the standby database

5th - Startup primary database in mount mode

6th - rename/relocate the datafile.

7th - Shutdown the primary database

8th - Open Primary database in normal mode

9th - Open Standby database in Mount mode

10th - rename/relocate datafile in standby database

11th - Again copy the archive log file from primary site to DR site and start apply.

If I missed anything or any modification required, please mention.

Regards,

Debiprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debi,

The steps listed should be enough for a consistent DB.

All the best!