cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of final settlement - PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to build a program to automate the final settlement based on a selection of projects.

What this is supposed to do is to write the settlement rule for the projects selected create the final assets using the appropriate asset class. Should also have the ability to TECO the project.

can anyone explain the process to build it or let me know if there are any roadblocks in setting up something like this.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes this is possible

the only road block we had faced was that the number of distribution rules for settlement is 999 and then what happens??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so mcuh for your rersponse. I think we are going to go froward with the automation. Can you tell me any specifics that I have to look at especially FM's, Badis and the process flow during automation.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is advisabloe to do this manually. However you can automate the process to certain extent. For autopopulation of settlement rule using settlement strategy, to settle lower WBS to higher WBS.

Once this is done you can have a batch job set thru CJ8G by setting up variant thru CJ8V. This job will settle all top WBS to AUC.

Once this is done you canmanually TECO the project and create an Asset class manaully against WBS, which are to be capitalised. Finally use the batch job again to do the final settlement from AUC to FXA.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you cannot automate the process. Better do it manually otherwise you will get data inconsistency and again we have to rework