cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSAPUNDO is 100 % full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

During the planing and execution of ValidStruct job from DB13 I detected via tcode DB02 that my PSAPUNDO tablespace is 100% full.

The AutoExt parameter for this tablespace is set on "Off".

The parameter undo_retention is set to value "900".

Question:

Should I take care about this issue and extend tablespace PSAPUNDO or decrease parameter undo_retention?

If yes, what is the preffered procedure to do this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitishkotak
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know its too late to reply.

But it might be helpful to our SCN friends.

This tablespace is not managed by SAP but by the database, for a good explanation how it works see note 600141 - Oracle9i: Automatic UNDO Management (which is for 9i but also valid for 10g).

To solve your actual problem see note 594197 - Corrections in RZ20 for Oracle monitoring (point 7).

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

> Should I take care about this issue and extend tablespace PSAPUNDO or decrease parameter undo_retention?

Please take a look at metalink note #413732.1 ... every point of your question is answered there.

For metalink access please check sapnote #758563.

@ Madhusudan

> This depends on the Oracle version you are using. If you are using Oracle 10 then not to worry, PSAPUNDO will be auto managed.

What is the difference between Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g related to Holgers question.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

This depends on the Oracle version you are using. If you are using Oracle 10 then not to worry, PSAPUNDO will be auto managed.

And normally the usage of the tablespace is high since Oracle will try to keep the undo segments there as long as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks for your response

> This depends on the Oracle version you are using. If you are using Oracle 10 then not to worry, PSAPUNDO will be auto managed.

I am on Oracle 10.2.0.2.0, but the AutoExt setting for this tablespace is set on "Off".

Is that a problem?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AutoExt - Off means that the tablepsace will not be extended, which is normally not necessary for PSAPUNDO.

Make sure that the parameter undo_management is set to AUTO.

You could also refer to SAP Note 1035137 for a better understanding.