cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output type triggered after changes in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is it possible to manage which field changes (quantity, date) will trigger and create a new output type during Sales order change?

Image I change the date or the quantity, I would like to create automatically a output type xxx.

But If I change the plant, I don't want to create a new output type xxx.

Many thanks.

Stéphane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. This needs to be configured under the output condition. You can add your fields in th econdition tables / catalogues and link it to the output type.

Hope this hleps.

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

How can we link a field to a output type?

I found no solution in the acess sequence.

This is only to define the way to trigger the output type, not to manage the fact that if one specific field changes, output type triggers.

Stéphane.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the transaction where the output type is configured (V/40), there are the fields 'Change Output' - Program and FORM routine. Hit F1 button on the Program field and read the documentation. Look at RD03 output for a program example.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor

Since this post comes up in search frequently thought I'd update it. Since 2011 there is SAP note 395569 with additional information: 395569 - CHECKLISTSD: Change outputs

(Thanks to for mentioning it.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much possible to trigger the output when you change the particular fields in sales order.For this we need to go for ABAP code.

Ask your ABAPer to do this.

The code should be written in "Triggering point" in the processing routines.

We have a similar requirement in our project too.Our requirement is we have maintained some values for customer groups in Header data-->Additional data A tab.

When we change this field with a particular value,the particular letter is getting triggered as part of the output type as "ZGEN".

In our case we have developed an ABAP code for this.

Similar requirement is yours.Ask your ABAPer to develop a code.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have specific fields to trigger the output, You have to go with a user exit for this requirement.

Try with SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE user exit.

Best regards,

Anupa