cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification activities not getting updated in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer is using MI 2.5 SP16 , MAU 1.0 SR5.

The below problem is rare , but happens every month.

The field person creates an activity for a notification(which was received from backend ) and saves it successfully on mobile device. On sync, the activity does not get added to the back end table.The resolution is to reset the client.

Can anyone suggest how to investigate this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Amandeep Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Check merep_mon and see what is the status of the message.. It might be due to some errors..

Regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

I can see one message with status I-Error for a sync bo. The reason is that BAPI error returned error as meter reading documents existed after activity date.

In the client application(MAU 1.0) , the create new activity button was disabled and we had to reset the client for the field engineer to resume functionality.

In case this error happens again ,how should this error be handled. The backend has thrown a valid error. Should it be changed to ignored status error.

Thanks,

Amandeep Aggarwal

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The create new activity button has been disabled because the particular object is in "In Sync" mode in the client. meaning if the client modifes a record and then sync, the record becomes in sync mode and it will be locked for editing till the reply comes from the server.

In your case; even after repeated sync, the object is still not editable then there is a problem. Create a CSN ticket to SAP.

You can check in merep_mon; select the error record and click on view out outbound and see what is the server response and what is the status of that record.

I feel some errors happened in the client also. So delete the logs from the client and try this scenario and check any errors are reported in the client.

Regards

Ajith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the Outbound worklist for that mobile user on the same day. In that list I chose the record where Original Sequence number matched the Sequence number for the erroneous message in Inbound Worklist.

The status of the selected record in Outbound Workisit is "S". The data contents of that record contain 2 nodes.

The first node has (I am mentioning relevant values, there are more values in the actual message)

STRUCT_ID: RTN

RESPTYPE :'E'

TYPE : 'E'

MESSAGE : "Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call: Device: MR documents exist after Activity date. Activity Detained".

The second node has

ACTION : 'D'

The reason why activity was detained is valid , but I am not sure how is it being resolved. SAP does not support MI 2.5 anymore, so I cannot create an OSS note.

What I am looking here for is , what should be done in case it happens in future. Currently we have to reset the client.

Thanks,

Amandeep Aggarwal

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Looks like server reaction is perfect.. An update message came from client, which is not accepted by the backend and hence a delete is sent back..

I think some errors might have happened in the client and thats the reason the object is still in InSync Mode. Check client logs for any error messages..

Regards

Ajith

Answers (0)