cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload a file without using FILE UPLOAD UI ELEMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I need to upload a file for some internal processing without using file upload UI element on webdynpro ABAP event click.

How I can do this.

Thanks

depesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to remember that you are running in a web browser and you have to live within the security sandbox that the web browser imposes. Therefore within HTML you can't do silent file uploads. This would be a security risk.

The only way to even begin to do what you describe is if you have NetWeaver 7.01 you can use the ACFUpDownload UI element. This UI element uses a digially signed Java Applet to by pass the browser security restrictions. You have to configure a whitelist of the directories it can access within the IMG and push this whitelist to the desktop. You can then do multiple file uploads and silent file uploads. However ACFUpDownload is designed for use with the Content Server/KPro. It doesn't directly upload to the WDA application. Here is a tutorial on how you can write you own handler class to receive these file uploads:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/109b9b52-bc00-2c10-8786-e4c5e96d...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Thomas for your reply.

Actually I was trying to upload SAPLOGON.ini file to read system description created by user in logon pad.

Do we have any r/3 table/struture to get the system description then i need not to upload a file.

My Main Problem is:

I am using SAP SHORTCUT ti access a trnsaction in SAPGUI from webdynpro. but while I access with different user system then it gives an error that system description XYZ(in my logon pad) doesnot exist for that user.

How i can address this.

Thanks

Depesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx