cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role and use of MDM for SD consultants

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any use of mdm to learn for sap sd consultants. Please suggest experts. how far it will be helful to me if I learn MDM , what will be my role etc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Appreciate your interest in MDM.

I am sure you will be using master data like Customers/Business partners in SD for various transactions like Sales Order mgmnt,Invoicing,Forecasting,etc. And, on several occasions you might have noticed flaws in business transactions due to incorrect/duplicate/incomplete master data maintained in your system.

Complex and expensive ERP/CRM/SCM systems deliver value to business only with clean and consistent data.

You can leverage MDM to -

a.Enforce Data integrity of master data.

b.Maintain single version of truth (deduplicated data).

c.Enforce Data governance inform of validations for business critical parameters.

d.Streamline Master data creation using workflows.

Being an SD consultant, by learning MDM, you can provide better and stronger business solutions to your customers in terms of Data quality and governance.You can leverage your SD experience to closely study Data centric/data driven processes and identify pain points in SD business processes. Make full use of Data management options that MDM provides while you deliver your solution.

Hope my suggestion helps.

Regards,

Vinay M.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thnak you for the reply , its really good explanation.

Can anyone pls add some more points please