Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Change date of Composite role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just need to find out if one of the composite roles in 2 different systems are the same.

Please let me know how to do this.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to SUIMComparisons Roles and provide the roles (here you can have option of Single as well as Composite Roles) you will get a cumulative list of all the roles which these both roles consists of.

If any role is available in both the composite roles, it will have u201CGreenu201D cube in both the columns and if not then a u201CRedu201D start will be shown.

As logically composite roles are just group of single roles to understand the real comparison you need to compare the single roles which are part of these composite roles.

Please let me know for any issues,

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards

Suhas

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 10, 2009 3:03 PM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a report in SUIM which lets you compare roles across systems. Have a look through the menu structure and you will find it. You will need to check that there is the appropriate RFC connection between the systems. Your basis team will assist with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes. Tried that. But does that compare the authorization provided by the indivijual single roles in the composite role.

I just thought it compares only numbers because it showed green for all the single roles in the output when i checked with the composte roles as input, but provided an yellow alert when i checked the indivijual single roles.

Regards,

0 Kudos

OK, I understand. As composite roles do not contain any access, the comparison compares the single role in the composite.

To compare the contents of the single roles in the composite, I think you'll have to take a different approach.

You have tried one way of comparing the roles one-by-one - obviously this will take a while. You could potentially assign the role to a user in each system, compare the users and see the changes via the detailed logs on the report? I don't have SAP in front of me so not sure how easy that would be.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the Transaction Role_Cmp (across system) to compare the composite roles in two different system. And as per different change date concern, you may check the time stamp in the table AGR_DEFINE.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex / Dipanjan,

Thanks for your inputs. Would check the same.

Regards,

Arravind.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to SUIMComparisons Roles and provide the roles (here you can have option of Single as well as Composite Roles) you will get a cumulative list of all the roles which these both roles consists of.

If any role is available in both the composite roles, it will have u201CGreenu201D cube in both the columns and if not then a u201CRedu201D start will be shown.

As logically composite roles are just group of single roles to understand the real comparison you need to compare the single roles which are part of these composite roles.

Please let me know for any issues,

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards

Suhas

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Nov 10, 2009 3:03 PM

0 Kudos

Suhas,

Why are you points begging when you have repeated info already posted by Dipanjan and me?

I recommend that you read the rules of engagement before Julius turns up...