cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Help Funcationality on a PUSH BUTTON in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having a requirement lilke when user click on a button in webdynpro view the action trigers and shows a standard search help as popup. Like when an input field with f4 funcationality press F4 on the input field it will show the search help as popup.

similarly when user clicks on the push button it needs to show a search help as popup.

Thanks & regards,

lihui.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day!

Have anyone solved this?

I've faced the same problem - a searchhelp should be launched on button press...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My collegue have found the decision.

To launch F4 OVS by pushbutton you should type next code in your pushbutton event:

DATA lref_element TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.
lref_element = lref_node->get_element( ).
CALL METHOD cl_wdr_value_help_handler=>handle_value_help
  EXPORTING
    context_element = lref_element
    context_attribute = 'MY_FIELD'.

lref_element is a reference to a line of my table. Field MY_FIELD is a field of that line; at this field will be launched OVS-value help (which should be already defined).

Edited by: Volodja on Aug 28, 2011 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pak Vladimir. Your solution works. It helped me saving a lot of time  

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks, it helpd us.

Madhu_1980

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can go ahead with OVS or Freely Programme Search help to achieve the same.

Just fire the same event which is pressed on F4 whenever you require.Refer SAP Online help on Search help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/9b298c66eb3376e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

STandard Component : demo_value_help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For example in webdynpro view PERNR input field with standard F4 help(by mention in the context node field attributes search help name this can be achieved without any additional coding ), Dont need to write any additional logic to popup the standard search help for INPUT field. My requirement is similar like press F4 in the input field instead of input field use a PUSH BUTTON so user CLICK on BUTTON it needs to show the standard search help for the PERNR.

Regards,

Thoufick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have not tried....But when you fill the relevant structure for that OVS and then it should be possible,,

Let me check

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing, if you use the OVS how are you trying to instantiate the OVS component.

In the button click event you might be planning to call the OVS eventhandler but what is that pass the refrenece of if_wd_ovs.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 6, 2009 11:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lekha,

Yep not able to pass reference so it is giving dump like parameter OVS_CALLBACK_OBJECT contains an invalid value, and onemore thing using OVS we can get the standard search help without any addtional code effort.

If you find anyway please share with me if possible with the screen shot also.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer the standard WD components

WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP

Demo_value_help

refer SAP online help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/3d/e53642e2a3ab04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

For OVS Search help refer Standard Component : Demo_value_help.

Now to attach the OVS Search help to Select options use this :

wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field(

i_id = 'S_CARR_ID'

it_result = lt_range_table

i_read_only = read_only

i_obligatory = 'X'

I_NO_INTERVALS = 'X'

I_NO_EXTENSION = 'X'

I_VALUE_HELP_ID = 'Z3AF_HCP_SEARCHHELP'

I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE = IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>CO_PREFIX_OVS

).

I_VALUE_HELP_ID -- Give name of OVS Search help here.('Z3AF_HCP_SEARCHHELP')

I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE requires a string, various attributes of IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER which can be used :

Various options for i_value_help_type are :

CO_PREFIX_SEARCHHELP

CO_PREFIX_OVS

CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV

CO_PREFIX_NONE

CO_PREFIX_AUTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVS search Help we need to write the logic like a custom search help, is there any way to use of standard search help in OVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use OVS for this...Do you want to use the SH instead....

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Nov 5, 2009 5:21 PM