Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk / SmartForms: Create automated Email adressing the user

MichaelGreulich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a couple of automated email which are sent to the use of our service desk when they create a message or when the status of the message is changed.

Is it possible to adress the user directly (f.e. Dear Mr. Smith or Dear Mr. Smith)? I don't want to say "Dear customer".

Thank you for your help!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Instead of Dear Customer you can use the fields &GS_BAPIADDR-FIRSTNAME& and &GS_BAPIADDR-LASTNAME&.

The fields can be added through the button "Insert field".

So it should look like this:

Dear &GS_BAPIADDR-FIRSTNAME& &GS_BAPIADDR-LASTNAME&,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichaelGreulich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.

does anyone know of a tutorial or some example code? I guess this must be a very common problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First Identify the Smartforms to change its content.

Goto SPPFC and Select CRM_ORDER. Select your Action Profile and corresponding Action Definition which triggers the Email. Here identify the Form Name.

Goto Smartforms and change the Form. You can find the mail content text. Change the text as per your requirements.

Thnx,

Waseem.

MichaelGreulich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Wassem,

thank you for your answer. I already changed the form according to my requirements, but I don't know how to change the form, so that the Name and Surname of the User is displayed. I want the user to be addressed directly like:

"Dear Mr. Smith", or "Dear Mrs. Smith".

It would be great if somebody already worked out a solution how to solve this little problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible. You'll need to work with a developer to modify the smart form where you can use variables. I'm not sure if you'll find one for first/last name - it might just be the userid. The email that gets sent is standard smartform from SAP that you can copy and modify then update the config in Service Desk to use this new smartform. Good Luck!