cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle upgrade from version 9.2 to verion 10.2 for SAP R/3 4.7 SR2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have R/3 4.7 SR2 system with Oracle 9.2 on 32 bit Windows platform (x86). We want to upgrade Database from Oracle 9.2 to Oracle 10.2 .

Is this possible ? If yes what is the procedure for same.

I searched but did not get any SAP document .Wpould appreciate any available documents you can share.

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But when I goto SAP site : R/3 4.7C --> Upgrade --> Oracle ... it only provides DVD for Oracle 10.2 for 64 bit platform....

SAP suggest to migrate 32bit platform to 64 bit,

If your requirement is 10.2 32bit then you can raise an OSS with where sap will enable the archive link for customer to download 32 bit dump.

Thanks

Anil

Edited by: Anil Bhandary on Nov 5, 2009 1:30 PM

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravash,

Yes it is possible,

Before that you have upgrade the oracle 9.2 patch set to 7

you will find the document on SAP market place

http://service.sap.com/support ---> Relase & Upgrade Info --> Installtion & Upgrade guide --> Database Upgrade --> Oracle

where in right side of the column you will get guide as :- Upgrade to Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2): Windows

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Thanks for your prompt response. So looks like upgrade is possible . But when I goto SAP site : R/3 4.7C --> Upgrade --> Oracle ... it only provides DVD for Oracle 10.2 for 64 bit platform....

So per my understanding SAP expects us to migrate from 32 bit to 64 bit to do Oracle upgrade to 10.2.

Request your insight and any additional inputs you can provide.

regards,

Pravash Raikar