cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Xcelsius Report in WebDynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to integrate Xcelsius reports into WD for ABAP. This shouldn't be a problem if using EHP1 in ERP backend.

But what I would to do is to influence the report's behaviour. E.g. by clicking on a button I want the report to change.

Is it possible to trigger events from WD ABAP into an integrated Xcelsius report?

Regards

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Hofmann on Nov 5, 2009 11:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the good response. Do you know if there are any "hard facts", e.g. tutorials, blogs, etc. which show a little more

detailed, how to map data between wda and the flashislands wrapper and the xcelsius report.

Regards

Christoph

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are the general FlashIslands tutorials. Most of the same logic applies to the wrapper around the Xcelsius generated component. Inside SAP we wrote a library to help automate this process. It hasn't yet been productized for customer or parnter use. Basically you create a data listener that watches the Xcelsius data cells for updates and uses the FlashIsland.storeProperty to update these back into the WDA context. To force data in from the WDA side you just use public SET functions for the context bindings. Inside the logic of these SET functions you update the dataSource of the inner Xcelsius component.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

If we would like to write a wrapper Flex application, the generated SWF in Xcelsuis compiles only with Flex SDK 2.0.1 Hotfix 3.

But this wrapper Flex cannot include Flashisland library as this is supported only by Flex SDK 3.0.

What is the solution or am I missing something here ?

Regards

Kareem

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas

>

> If we would like to write a wrapper Flex application, the generated SWF in Xcelsuis compiles only with Flex SDK 2.0.1 Hotfix 3.

> But this wrapper Flex cannot include Flashisland library as this is supported only by Flex SDK 3.0.

> What is the solution or am I missing something here ?

>

> Regards

> Kareem

I believe this is a duplicate question to another thread, but SAP supplies both a Flex 2 and Flex 3 version of the FlashIslands SWC. Just use the Flex 2 library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the detailed infos.

Regards

Chrstioph

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you use FlashIslands to do the intergration into WDA then yes you can trigger events and update the data from the WDA side.

Xcelsius doesn't yet directly produce a FlashIslands Flex Component. You have to wrap the generated SWF that comes out of Xcelsius with a custom Flex Project that includes the FlashIslands library and does the data exposure to the context. Then from Web Dynpro ABAP you can data bind the WDA context directly to the data in the Xcelsius component.