cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm very new to VC and when I try to deploy my VisualComposer app I get this meesage:

Error in compiling Flex application (1). Consult log file for details.

Can anyone help? I dont know where the log file is to check it!

Thanks

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Have you found the reason for error. I am also facing the same error. My portal is EP7.0 SP7. I have deployed a few applications using VC but now suddenly the problem has started.

Please reply in case you have solved the problem.

Regards,

Aamod.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To get a better idea of where the problem occurs you should turn on the verbose logging for VC. To do this:

1)Open the visual admin for J2EE

2)Navigate to Services>>VisualComposer Development Server

3)Change the vc.verboseErrorMessages to true.

You will have to restart the J2EE engine to get this to work.

Please reproduce the problem and check the error.

I have a feeling it will be the 32k error.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

When you try to deploy a very simple application does this happen? What I mean to say is if you drag a form and a data service (BAPI_BANK_GETLIST) onto your work area do you still have these errors? Hopefully if this works the issue might be something small.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to redeploy even those applications which I have already deployed.

As you said even the simplest of the application as you mentioned is also not deployed.Is there an tool to monitor the flex server.

Regards,

Aamod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Installing SPS 8 resolved the problem for me.

Thanks,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on SP8, but I am still having this error. I have logging turned on to display inside the VC Storyboard, but it doesn't produce anything that seems to be an error meaasge, just lots of code, and garbage under the code. I am not a programmer, so I may just not know what I am looking at. Should I be able to see something that is obviously an error message in the log messages displayed in the storyboard window? I saw a reference to verbose messaging above. Where do I make those changes, in VC, in the portal, or somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See Jarrod Williams' post above. You need access to the J2EE Visual Administration tool. If you're not the Basis guy, ask your Basis guy to make the changes, and give you the logs.

TM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to solve my problem. What I did was I applied the patches for VC. You can find the patches in service market place.

Intrestingly I had to restart the J2EE server after applying the patches and the error was sovled.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What patch level are you at now for Visual Composer? I was finally able to get verbose messaging activated on my instance and am getting the following specific error:

"Error in compiling Flex application: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable." followed by a very long list of "at" statements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I think you are using VC 7.0. Since I have used only VC 6.0, I can give you the path where the setting is to be done to see the log file. Try to find out the ~server.ini file in the folder where VC gets installed, in my scenario it is :

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer\server

Open the file in Notepad, set the value of the variable :

var LogLevel = 0;

Save and close the file, then you'll be able to trace whatever error you get in VC Storyboard itself.

Thanks in advance,

Deep.