cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The fileds in Material master, customer master ,doc types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most senior consultants please help , you will be aware of some tips as you are more experienced. This post is definitely going to help the junior consultants like me.

1)If we see the condition type we have so many fields in the following ie

control data1 , group condition, changes which can be made,Master data, scales,control data2, text determination

In this above sections we have so many fields for example in control data1 we have ..

Cond. class ,Plus/minus

Calculat.type

Cond.category

Rounding rule

StrucCond.

Is there any way to remeber all this fields any tips for this . i am getting confused so many times as I am beginner .. if we get more experiece then we can know.

2)The same way with the sales doc type..

Number systems , general control, transaction flow,scheduling agreement, shipping,

billing, requested delivery, contract , availability check

3)Material master also we will be consused which fileds will be in which tabs..

Sales: Sales Org. Data 1,

Sales: Sales Org. Data 2,

Sales: General/Plant Data ,

Sales and Distribution Text ,

Basic Data 1,

Basic data 2

4)Same with customer master also

sales ,shipping,billing and partner functions.

Thank you for each and every contribution for this post.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to remember everything word by word.

If I ask you a simple question. How did you learn to use your computer. You didn't note down anything like, clicking on My Computer will go in to this, then to C Drive, etc.

Once you do it over and over again, you remember how it is. Same applies to SAP as well.

What you have to do is, get a sand box client, and start doing testing. More you test, more you understand the functionality of each field.

After doing some testing by doing changes to each field, you'll realize how each field behave.

That's all you can do.

Remember, no one in this world can remember each and every field in SAP. But at-least if you know that a particular function should be possible, then you can do some testing and give a solution.

It'll applicable to condition types, sales document types, customer masters, material masters, etc.

For example create a new customer master & new material.

Create a sales order.

Check what comes there in the incompletion log. Then check out of those appear in the incompletion log, what are the things you can derive from material master and customer master.

Enter those in the master record. Again create a new sales order. Now check whether it comes to incompletion log.

That's how you can start learning each field.

Good Luck !

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

please give some valuable inputs gurus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Beginner,

SAP and its terms are something which is 90% self learning and Practice. As you mentioned there are lots of fields which generally cant be remember, but if you will look closely there is a way to understand things better.

For example Take Condition types, Control data 1: By reading this only apply some logic par se what are the main controls which condition types can do?? suddenly you will have to think its usage in terms of business. I will say this will tell whether its a TAX condition type, Price Condition type or Discount, at first instance i got to know that there is condition class... Now the next thing i will think but how the system will know whether to add this or to deduct this, So i will think about +/- value , in this way if you will think with business as well as the usage of these you will come to all the terms automatically.

They Says " Practice Makes A Man Perfect " , So practice more to understand more .....

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any way to remeber all this fields any tips for this

Simple exercise is that you access V/06 and make changes in those fields, create a test document and see the outcome. As already suggested, more practice you do more comfortable you will be at one stage. This practice may take one year to even couple of years to get familiarized.

Other than this, I dont think, mug-up these screen fields will yield result.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do One thing as per freinds said you have to practice But there s a codification which is nt standard

Let us say

Take a small paper and write down what ever imp fields like Condition class cal type, sales doc types item categiries everything, while travelling or if you have leasure time try to read do nt remember its automatically goes in your mind if you continuously read 10 to 15times.

After that goto system and open conditiontype easily you can identify those fields....

Hari Mandav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is only possible through continuous practicing and continuous use of this fileds in Material master, Customer master ,Doc types,Condition type.offen you use to see this will be captured in the mind.

Its not possible by tips and tricks.

Do one thing just Make an Document Regarding this and Keep in front of your desk and were you often use to see like ur Room or any were as u will be there for long time.keep on seeing it you can make it.