cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe Hierarchy - Recipe Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I was wondering if somebody can give me some advice regarding the Recipe Hierarchy in RM.

I would like to create a Recipe Hierarchy that enables having Formulas in three levels. As Standard, Recipe Management Hierarchy is as follows:

1. General Recipe

2. Site Recipe

3. Master Recipe

However, the Master Recipe can't contain any formula.So I am thinking of creating a new recipe type as copy of the Site Recipe and trying to assign it to a "standard" site recipe. But the system does not allow this.

Have anyone created custom recipe hierarchy with custom recipe types?

Any info will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Amaia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amaia,

You can create recipe hierachy by assigning the higher- and/or lower-level recipes to your recipe on the tab hierarchy.

This is possible for general recipes, site and master recipes.

A master recipe is only a recipe with a link to an higher-level recipe and an production version; the master recipe does not contain any formula data (substances or materials).

In the current version of the recipe managment the master recipe is created with the transformation of the general or site recipe. In the PLM recipe management the recipe type 'master recipe' should not be used more.

Best regards,

Roland Freudenberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland!

Thanks a lot for answering my doubt.

I would like to ask you if you know how can I create a custom hierarchy for recipe types. For example, if I create a new recipe type as copy of standard site recipe (let's say that I want to create a separate recipe type for each material type) and I would like to add it below in hierarchy to a standard site recipe (or a copy of it), would it be possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Regards,

Amaia

0 Kudos

Hi Amaia,

For the definition of new recipe types the following steps are necessay:

- IMG activity Specify Specification Types under the EH&S -> Basic Data and Tools -> Specification Management -> Specification Master

- IMG activity Recipe Settings under the IMG for the Recipe Management -> Recipe

- IMG activity Set Up Versioning under the IMG for the Recipe Management

Please, create the new recipe types with reference to the SAP standard types (general recipe or site recipe).

It is possible to create the recipe hierarchy with different general or site recipe types (tab page Hierarchy of the recipe).

In the navigation tree of the workbench you have the possiblity to select the layout for the recipe hierarchy.

I hope, it helps.

Best regards,

Roland