Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Version Management

Dear Experts,

Help me how to handle this?

We are doing forecasting where users do couple of planning functions to forecast by applying different percentages to the base version.

If i store those iterations to base version using Version and value type...For ex:

Version XX with value type 10 - Initial plan

Version XX with value type 20 - Applied some inflation percentages to initial plan

Version XX with value type 30 - Some more modifications applied to xx with value type 20.

<b>Now the problem is if we do some thing wrong in second step, say we entered wrong inflation percentage, if we go ahead and chane the percentage, re-run the function : Do i have to delete ALL the data from the Infocube and restart from Step 1 ?????</b>

or Is my data will be good if i re-run the Step 2 and step 3 again?

Is there a way to delete only certain records from the transaction Infocube when we do step 2 or step 3 so that i can just start from the step where we did wrong ? This is going to be crucial as we have 7 to 8 planning functions to plan our forecast.

Please do advice...

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Rohith.

replied

Hi,

Yes if you make a manual change in step 8 and make some changes in step 5 and then rerun the steps the data for step 8 will be overwritten.

You will have to re-enter the changes at step 8

thanks

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question