cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Response through email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I am using a HTTP Receiver to post xml. I am using BPM.

I am getting back a response with status code of 500 with some message as the status.

How can i send this response as email? Is it possible to capture the 500 error messages?

TIA

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Add a Send step after you receive the response message back into the BPM and Send the Response Message back to a new Receiver(email via SMTP). If you want to capture the error response messages separately into a fault message, use the fault message type to route the message to the email receiver.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad -

Thanks for the response.

Before i do a Send i am doing transformation to customize the email.

Instead i get the Status 500 with some error message.

I read in the blogs that Fault messages are to be used with ABAP/Java Proxies. Hence i did not try it.

Let me know if i can capture the error message using fault messages.

TIA,

Jerry

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerry,

In BPM using Send Step you can try

Check this SAP Help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/6211331c895f6ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I went through the link earlier and i designed the BPM scenario as described in the link.

I am not using fault messages but created a message type and mapping the message type to the Response.

I get an error of "An Unknow Exception Occured" which i get as response.

The mapping program that i have for the response is different.

Now how do i capture the above error message?

Thanks,

Jerry

former_member189324
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Are you getting the exception before the mapping step and you are trying to map the error text to an another message type???

If the error is coming from the previous Sync Step and you are mapping to a different message type in the next mapping step then it should be ok to use a send step after the mapping step.

But if the exception error is not related to the Sync Call and it relates to the mapping step then check the mapping step carefully.

Thanks

Prasad