Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping UDF

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

For the UDF functions for messagemapping,Its a pain to code it using the dataflow editor provided in the repository.

We are having the XI version 3.0(SP 20).

So I decided to use eclipse for coding and debugging the functions and then copy it to the UDF editor for usage.

Have downloaded the Eclipse-SDK 3.0.02 Version and is going to use the the JDK version(1.4.12)

Is that Okay?(I mean is it compatible with the XI version).

I have the aii_map_api.jar already with me.

What is the above ".jar" for and what do they contain?

Have read somewhere that I need the aii_mt_rt.jar and aii_utilxi_misc.jar as well.

What are they for and what do they contain?

If I need the above said jars,Is there any java plug-in available.

Thanks

P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi P,

For writing UDF's you dont need all these jar file!!!! they are required either for java mapping or module creation..

BTW you can use any java ide to write this simple piece of java codes (even notepad will do )

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello S.R.Suraj

I want to write in text file from UDF XI 3.0 with java code, the question is: what i need to start?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to debug it and I also want to have the Container,context,ResultList,ResultListimpl objects available in my eclipse editor.

So I would say,I definelty need these jars.But which one of those are used for what purposes.That I would like to know.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pazzuzu,

These Jar files provides functions for debugging in developer tools, there are few function in mapping UDF like result.addValue() (for writing the output in the queue). you can just simply use system.out functionality and latter replace them with result.addValue().

Thanks,

Sunil Singh