Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Transpor from Windows to Unix - copy cofiles data of trans folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've following requirement.

I have to do a manual transport from a windows application server to a unix application server.

If i use the FM ARCHIVFILE_SERVER_TO_CLIENT/ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER to download and upload the cofilles and data files the stms request run into an error.

CG3Y and CG3Z are not available but they do the same as the FM mentioned.

So what to do?

Regards,

TomSd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As Zia Pasha mentioned, first we have to copy and set the right permission to the data files and cofiles by using FTP. from FTP you can copy both the files into your actual TRANS directory respectively. after you can add the transport request into the import buffer.

Regards,

CSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please do FTP and copy the files to the server to correspong cofiles and data of the unix server and later please check the permissions of the cofiles and data files if they are rw just give permissions for rwx then you can do the import .

Regards

Zia

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What error you get while importing the request ??

normally on unix you upload the file in binary format.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the file permissions (user), and also transport requests will be in the form of SIDK9xxxxx. I hope you have copied the data (R9XXXX.SID) & Cofile (K9XXXX.SID) in the respective folders /usr/sap/trans/data, cofiles.

Tcode: STMS_IMPORT --> Extras ---> Add requests ---> enter SIDK9xxxxx and click on add. It will be added in the import queue.