cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Functionality for Web Dynpro ABAP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the standard print button provided by FPM in my application.

The application has a date navigator control as well as a dynamic ALV with fixed and on fixed columns.

I would like to know if the application has to do any implementation to provide print functionality. If yes, how do we do it?

Will it consider all the ALV columns as the ALV could have horizontal scroll bar.

How do we test it?

Defining output device in our user as LOCL is enough to test it? Are there any limitations?

Findings until now:

I just happened to see that gc_event_print FPM event is raised and the application uses interactive PDF form to implement printing.

I am not sure if this satisfies my requirement.

Could you help me in providing more information regarding this? You could also provide me some web dynpro examples for reference.

Regards,

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I just happened to see that gc_event_print FPM event is raised and the application uses interactive PDF form to implement printing.

I am not sure if this satisfies my requirement.

As you are already suspecting, the FPM doesn't provide the print functionality itself. It only raises the event and the specific application is then responsible for how it wants to produce the output. Therefore it is your job to design the output (generally using PDF forum).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information. I shall look into the PDF format that you have spoken about.

Regards,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Are there any prerequisites for using pdf forms for the customer? Like any installations or setups required.

If you have some information regarding this, could you let me know.

Regards,

Rekha

Answers (0)