cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsystem in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know what is the meaning of Subsystem?

and how to implement one

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Subsystem is nothing but a class. It contains a variety of methods which can be used.

For example

CL_DPR_SHARED_SUBSYSTEM.

You can check it out in se24. I think that you will find the methods interesting.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Mazin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Again I would like to add a different, perhaps simpler, perpective to the use of the subsystem. As Thomas put it, a subsystem consists of a plug in susbsystem and a bootstrap interface. However that is going into the technical details. Also as he mentions, it is some used at the end in order to complete certain processes and that is how the current implementation is.

But, then what is the rationale behind the subsystems? A subsystem is something that is like a helper class and it is used by the application to complete certain tasks. The reason why it is called subsystem is because it can be perceived as being in a layer below the current system. The subsystem is typically used to integrate with 2 or more systems or application. As an example, when there are changes in cProjects, then the BI deltas have to be updated. There is no direct link or relation between cProjects and BI, but then cProjects needs to push certain information to BI and it does this through the use of subsystems. There are various subsystems implemented in cProjects and RPM and each one is used for different integration purposes. There are various subsystems implemented in cProjects and RPM and each one is used for different integration purposes. To ensure integrity, the subsystem is always loaded when the application itself is loaded. This way it will always know what the application is doing and will always have access to the application data.

To summarize, subsystem are typically used to push data to other systems. The subsystem implemented in one application belongs to that application and it will have access to some or more data in that application which it can share outside.

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Mazin's reply is correct, but doesn't mention the rationale of the subsystems.

A class that is to be used as subsystem needs to implement interfaces IF_DPR_APPL_PLUG_IN_SUBSYSTEM and IF_DPR_APPL_BOOTSTRAP_MEMBER. That's a bit of technincal information that's essential if you want to implement a subsystem.

Subsystems are processed when a project is saved. And during the various stages of the saving process the various methods of the active subsystems are processed. Examples are filling the BI-delta queue with changes, or updating DMS data. For more examples you'll have to debug the saving process and check what the various subsystems do.

I hope I could give a little deeper inside.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

can u plz give the detail...where did u come across this susbsytem...as far as i know, there is nothin like subsystem in cpro

regadrs

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I have not used it yet.

Niranjan