cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML File port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI and have searched a lot but could not get an answer hence posting.

My scenario is i need to send multiple idocs(debmas06) from R/3 to FTP .

I have used XML file port , where i have mentioned a RFC of type T (directing to XI and mentioned rfcexec program to run on application server) . In the port i have mentioned physical directory path. Done the necessary configurations in partner profiles like collect idocs and donot start subsystem and also ran tcode we14 to collect idocs.

I configured sender communication channel with file adapter and have choosen FTP and mentioned FTP server , i was not sure of source directory and filename. How to upload XML file in R/3 to XI with sender channel ?

Do i need to make changes in the RFC and what should be mentioned as source directory and source file name in sender channel ?

When i post idocs through BD12 i can see them successful in WE05 and also the XML file in AL11 in R/3 but cannot see them in XI ?

Kindly Help.

Priya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have used XML file port , where i have mentioned a RFC of type T (directing to XI and mentioned rfcexec program to run on application server) . In the port i have mentioned physical directory path. Done the necessary configurations in partner profiles like collect idocs and donot start subsystem and also ran tcode we14 to collect idocs.

>

I think you have mixed two things altogether. You are saying you created XML File Port, where you mentioned a RFC of type T ??

I can't see this option in my R3 system in WE21.

Go thorugh this blog...

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

> I configured sender communication channel with file adapter and have choosen FTP and mentioned FTP server , i was not sure of source directory and filename. How to upload XML file in R/3 to XI with sender channel ?

In your Sender FTP adapter use the source directory path and file name which you will mention in the port (see the blog).

Note: Make sure if the source dir has full permissions, otherwise your FTP will not pick up the file.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FTP port number is 21.... this is even mentioned in the help section.

I doubt if it should be a IDOC on the sender and File channel on the receiver....you need to send IDOCs from SAP system....or is it that the IDOCs will be placed under some folder and then you need to pick.....if the former case then file sender channel wont help.

Update:

For port information (and other configuration) check pt.6 in this help section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/655453b48a4ddfe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Nov 5, 2009 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.

I have mentioned the port number as 21 in sender communication channel.

My problem is to bundle idocs so instead of going with BPM i am doing using XML file port which shall collect all idocs and write to a single XML file . My problem is how should i upload the XML file to XI using file adapter ?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My problem is to bundle idocs so instead of going with BPM

Did you try IDOC Packaging....you can make a search on SDN for IDOC packaging/ IDOC bundling.

My problem is how should i upload the XML file to XI using file adapter ?

Is the file adapter not working when you give the filename as Something.xml ? Something should be replaced by your actual file name.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using FTP protocol in the sender adapter you could upload the file.

Please check this thread for some more understanding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Abhishek i gave the the R/3 ip for FTP server and login to fetch file from R/3 , source directory as directory in al11 and filename ".xml" , idocs are sent successfully and written to xml file in al11 r/3 but i cannot them even as error in xi ??

Manjusha thanks for the link but i could not get the solution.

Priya.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Why you wan to use FTP?

1. share the folder where the XML file (containing IDocs) are created

2. Access the same in NFS mode of file channel (using path eg :
<machine-name>/folder name

This shoudl work..

Also if you have FTP server in your R3 then only you can access it using File Sender channel and pick the file.. Remember File Sender adapter is an FTP client and it requires a FTP server to pick the file. Make sure you have FTP server in your R3, if not then try to find a system with a FTP server and first by using ftp command (in command prompt) access the files, then use PI

Check with network or basis person for this

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Could you please elaborate on sharing the folder and accessing it thru NFS.

Priya.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you have your R3 box on a Windows environment, right click the folder and click SHARE.

now open the run prompt put //<machine-name>, then you can see the folder name.

Copy this path in PI file adapter

If you are in unix or linux box then you need to mount the folder (try google for this)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj,

I have have taken external definition od basic type DEBMAS06 and mapped and done neccessary config in ID.

I have collected the idocs to an XML file using XML file port and it is saved to AL11 in R/3 now i need to pull this file to XI (thru sender file communication channel) and save it to FTP(Receiver).

How can i do this ?

What is the cource directory and source filename to be given in sender communication channel to access the XML file written in R/3 or is there any other way ?

Also the status is 03 for the idocs sent but cannot see them in XI ?

Priya.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Sorry we came back to the same question...

>>How can i do this ?

Like a normal file to Fiel scenario. Check sdn and help.sap.com for parameter values

>>What is the cource directory and source filename to be given in sender communication channel to access the XML file written in R/3 or is there any other way ?

. (star dor star) as filename and directory either absolute or relative

>>Also the status is 03 for the idocs sent but cannot see them in XI ?

Coz they are not yet picked by PI adapters.

Please check any file to file scenarios and you will have more idea

Regards

Suraj