cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiProvider does not display Infoobject Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am implementing Slow Moving Items Scenerio. Thats why have a Multiprovider(ZMPR) based on c11 cube and ZCMT object(based on ocostelement). Both Cube and Infoobject have data individually, But in LISTCUBE -> ZMPR I dont see data for ZCMT Infoobject.

ZCMT and Cube are loaded from different Clients.

In Multiprovider I have marked ZCMT to a new dimension and in Identification I am using ZCMT point to ZCMT. and NOT using the cost element from the cube.

Can anyone please suggest what is the diconnect here.

AS I want the hierarchy from ZCMT (which will shld give all the nodes irrespective of data or not)

2) Cant find the 1ROWCOUNT Infoobject to proceed further as well.

Please help as this is kind of urgent.

Thanks

Sarah

Message was edited by: Sarah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A multiprovider is not exactly a join. In listcube, if you filter by infoprovider = 'ZCMT' surely you will see data for that infoobject, one problem, if you filter by any field not contained in infoobject (fiscal period, for example) its data won't be seen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oscar for helping me ...as this is urgent at this point. When I did give the filter, but it still doesnt give anyoutput data.

Is there anyway to get to the 1Rowcount infoobject that is required to be made constant.

Any suggestions please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any of the key figures in your multicube exist in your characteristic and has been asigned to it in the multicube definition? In listcube if no values exist for key figures, result is null.

If you want to count in the query occurrencies of 0costelemnt, maybe you should use an aggregation exception in the query definition, because most probably is that any filter in the query will result in no values for the characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The characteristic is on it own, what happens on List cube is I can see all the date from C11 cube but ZCMT field is empty.

Is it that I have to use 0costelement itself instead of using its reference ZCMT custom object for this to work as then 0costelement will be the common field between the cube and infoobject for the join to happen on the multiprovider?

Thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multicube is not a join, for example imagine this multicube.

Infoprovider -- amount

Cube C11 -- 10,12

Cube C11 -- 15,32

IO ZCMT -- ¿?

If you list this for ZCMT, no data result for ZCMT. In query will happen the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oscar I got your point,

Sorry, to reiterate just so I know I got it right this time :

I cannot creat a new object and try to combine it with another cube and expect data to show up as there is no common key between the cube and object.

Instead if this has to work, then I have to have ZCMT as part of the cube as well and then probably I might get the results.

Or have 0costelement( which exists in the cube as well) made as datatarget and then combine it in the multicube.

Also,I could find the rowcount in the multiprovider.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for your patience to stay with me on this. Just need this to work its an important piece to show the elements in the hierarchy even if no transaction data exists for them. It has to be displayed the same for everytime.

Thanks Once again.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

What you mention is correct. You need to have a common element between the base data targets of a MultiProvider. Having ZCMT as a part of the cube, and then combining the ZCMT InfoObject in the multiprovider should help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually try to join infoobjects (althought it was datatarget) and cubes in multicubes, doesn't work because many selections results in no data.

If i undertand that you really want, It's a little bit difficult show something in a query that has not happened, isn't?. Maybe you had to do some type of mining.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am thinkin thats the issue here too. I will give an try on what we discussed in the previous post to use a common object and update if it works.

Moreover, I dont understand if combinig the cube and objects does not work, then how is slow moving Items scenerios implemented?

Otherwise, there can be an ABAP code that populates the fact table where the values are null, the only issue there is all the queries will require to be restricted with null for every filter and rows. Then null cannot be avoided from displaying.

Will let you know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar/Bhanu,

It worked!! I get to see all the nodes from the hierarchy now on the Multiprovider.

Thanks for all the help. Appriciate all the contribution.