cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Re-Explosion in APO

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - I will be thankful if someone can clarify me on this issue .

1. All SNP Planned order outside the SNP horizon will have the PP Firmed indicator.

2. When we manually change the SNP Planned order to PP/DS order Output Firmed indicator will be set.

3. When the conversion indicator is set for the PP/DS planned order it get converted to Process order and the order will receive the Input Firmed indicator .

In R3 the components are assigned to batch manually.

Now the process order will have PP Firmed / Output Firmed / Input Firmed indicator in APO.

Clarification :

1. When the header quantity is adjusted in APO , since the input firmed is set will it re-explode the BOM or just adjust the component quantities ?

2. Since R3 and APO are in Sync what will happen to R3 batch assignment ? Will it be removed automatically afer explosion ?

Regards

BVN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valavan,

Process order / Production orders / Purchase orders are execution elements in APO. Can you confirm you were able to change them in APO?

If you have integrated the batch as characteristics (version in APO) then they reflect in APO. However any changes will always happens at R/3 level.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Manoharan,

I have the option of changing the header quantity in APO or change the source of supply in APO.

Regards

BVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan,

I tried to replicate your scenario in our systems. Its true, I'm able to change the quantity of header material in APO. What happened in our case is the system takes up the new header quantity and explodes the requirements again to components without any change in batch. However one interesting thing happned while testing. I changed the BOM with some component change and repeated the same. The system does not re-explode however it took the new quantity to the dependent components as requirements without any change in batch details.

I'm not sure whether this answers your question, but these are my findings.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for your information.

I too had the same situation i.e when the quantity was changed in APO system did a re-explosion , adjusted the batch quantity or in some cases gave some duplicate entries too. But when you do a re-explsion in R3 it will completely remove the batch assigned. Need to understand this.

In your second scenario i think since the components we re changed manually system would have set the Inputfirmed indicator which will restrict re-explosion.

Thanks again. I will update you incase if i could find something interesting.

Regards

BVN