cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modes of transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Where can I see the field modes of transport in sales order/deliver document?

Modes of transport which we maintain in route determination.

Thank you,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

You cannot directly see the "Mode of transport" in the Sales order line item Shipping tab. The filed you see there is "Means of Transport".

"Mode of transport" has a direct link with the "Shipping type".

"Shipping Type" field can be seen in the Line Item Shipping tab.

"Mode of transport" can be defined in the below configuration node.

Logistics Execution / Shipping / Basic Shipping Functions / Routes / Define Routes / Define Modes of Transport

Then you have to assign that to "Shipping type" in the below configuration node.

Logistics Execution / Shipping / Basic Shipping Functions / Routes / Define Routes / Define Shipping Types

Once you assign the "Shipping type". in the Line Item Shipping tab, "Mode of transport" flows there from the background.

For Route determination, once you assign the relevant shipping type, same manner "Mode of transport" flows there.

Same way, in the delivery document header / Shipment tab you can see the field "Ship.type"

So same data get copied from the background.

Hope you have a clear understanding now !

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Its really helpful for me.

But the shipping type is not appearing in my sales order or either in delivery document.

Did I miss any configuration?

Can you please help me out.

Thank you,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you mean the "Shipping Type" field is missing there in the sales order and delivery document?

Click on the Line Item ang go to Menu -> Go to / Item / Shipping

There you should be able to see "Shipping type" field. (It appears in the "Shipping" area, right hand side column)

Same way

You can go to Menu -> Go to / Header / Shipment

There also you should be able to see "Ship.type" field. (It appears in the "Shipment" area, right hand side column)

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I am able to see the shipping type field under shipping tab. But the value 01 is not appearing in the field.

I maintained the value "01--Truck" in the routes stages but still the value is not getting populated automatically in the shipping type field.

Thank you,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have created Shipping type under below path, then it should be available in the F4 help under Shipping type in the Delivery Header

Logistics Execution / Sh|pp|ng / Basic Shipping Functions / Routes / Define Routes / Define Shipping Types

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa,

I defined the shiping types and they are appearing in F4 also.

But the shipping type which I maintained in route stages are not getting determined automatically in the shipping type field of the sales order/Deliver document.

So here my question is how the shipping type will automatically determine in Sales order/delivery document

Thank you,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Route Determination configuration settings under below IMG Path;

Logistics Execution / Shipping / Routes / Route Determination

If your route is determined correctly, then it should flow.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa,

Route has been determined correctly but still the shipping type is not populated.

Thank you,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Press F1 help in the Shipping type field in the delivery header.

You can see how it get determined under Procedure section

Procedure

You can enter the shipment type for the main, direct or return legs in the shipping header. The value is proposed depending on the requirement in the shipment type.

By setting the status "planned", you have the shipping type copied from the respective deliveries into the shipment header, provided:

The shipping type is identical in all the deliveries.

The shipping type in the shipment header is not already filled.

The shipment type is set in Customizing in such a way that the shipping type is to be copied.

As soon as shipping planning is complete, set the planning status in the shipment header. In this way, the shipment legs are created in the manner you have defined in the shipment type.

Please check that help. It will help you to understand what is missing there.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can find only Delivery and bIlling documents at header Foreign Trade Customes.

Hari Mandav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to item data - shipping screen.

Just below route, you get means of Transport.

thank you

Anirudh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Check here:

VA02 / VA03 - Enter Sales Order Number.

Go to Item Details.

Goto Shipping Tab

Here are two feilds:

1. MnsOfTrns type