Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelm with data storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a table called ztfin_ftpr.In this I have field called zkprs. Field type is z_dzkprs of length 11 and 4 decimals.Reference field is waers and reference table is T001.

When I try to create an entry in the table through se16 if I specify the value or zkprs as 1.6 it is getting saved as 0.0160.

Can any explain me what the reasonis and how to get rid of this ?

Regads,

Varun.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Is it an amount field i.e do you want to input amount into this field. If that is the case, then please maintain data type as 'CURR' and check. 'WAERS' is a currency key field and i dont think it should be used.

Cheers,

Vikram

Please reward helpful replies!!

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry no idea !

I misunderstood.

Erwan.

Message was edited by: Erwan LE BRUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

alway specify 4 decimal degits.

that write 1.6000

i have seen many cases comma is used instead of decimal to enter numeric value.

so try like this

Message was edited by: Manoj Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

I guess the problem is it is considering the number as 4 decimals..

so try giving 00001.6000

check with this

Regards

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Whan I try to give it as 1.6000 it gives me the following erro message :

<b>Message no. 00 088

Diagnosis

Your entry does not match the specified input format.

</b>

Regards,

Varun.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are we to assume that this is the same problem and it has not been resolved?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Yes, I thought there should be something fioshy about the data entry but today when I am trying to create an entry I have the above problem, Can you suggest any remedy ?

Regards,

Varun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have seen many cases comma is used instead of decimal to enter numeric value.

so try like this

0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I give 1,6 it gives me an error message saying <b>Enter a numeric Value.</b>

I have doubt. While I make an entry from se 16 or sm30 will the system default parameters will be taken into consideration ? I guess, because whe I try to give the entry as 1.6000 it is showing an error messgae.

Can anyone help me on this ?

Regards,

Varun.

Message was edited by: varun sonu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Is it an amount field i.e do you want to input amount into this field. If that is the case, then please maintain data type as 'CURR' and check. 'WAERS' is a currency key field and i dont think it should be used.

Cheers,

Vikram

Please reward helpful replies!!

0 Kudos

Varun,

As I tried to explain in the previous post, you have to redefine your field to be a simple decimal field. Is there any pressing reason why you are using CURR field when, in your table, you don't have a corresponding currency key field?

For currency fields, if you don't specify what currency it is, the default is 2 decimals.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Sorry for getting back very late. The problem has been solved. Thanks a lot for explaining the concept so well . I am able to explain the same to many of my colleagues. I cannot pay you back for your help.

Regards,

Varun.

0 Kudos

Glad to of help. No need for any pay back as this forum is to help each other right? Even then I did get my pay back through your comments and of course the points!!!