How to make validation on Adobe Flex?

Please Help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Flex, however, I only have limited SAP knowledge.

But I would like to help you with anything to do with Flex projects.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here are the instructions how to call adobe Flex from WebDynpro:

1. Create new View.

2. Right Click and select "Transform to Flesh" .

3. Choose Layout and set the SWF file name of the Flash file (locate the file under mime folder).

4. Right Click in the RootElement within the View Layout.

5. Select Inset Event and set the name/id. Verify that the name of the event in WebDynpro is the same name as it is in the Flex

programm.

6. Note: for using context elements you need to define the option : "Insert property" and again set the property name equal to

the name as it was defined in the Flex and of course set the value property to the relevant context element.

Hope it's help

Regards.

Shimon

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veena

Already there are many video files and blogs are available for using flash islands in wd4a,

The links specified below might be useful for you.

link1:[Blog by Thomas Jung|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10989ef6-968c-2b10-50a9-eb34a5267163&overridelayout=true]

link2:[Blog2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307b434f-ff32-2b10-e885-991247270480;jsessionid=%28J2EE3417100%29ID0972146150DB10142024171814367226End]

Regards

Arun. P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Thanx for reply.

I have already gone through these links, but it won't help me much.

actually I am Designing PO Creation screen in Flex for that I am looking for field level validation.

please hlp me in that.

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi veena

Im also new to flash islands, i came to know from flex consultant it is best to do validations in client side by writing script codes in flex builder.

Regards

Arun.P

Edited by: Arun Padmanaban on Nov 5, 2009 7:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Please look into some of the information in links below

http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/erp/mobiletimeandtravel/index.epx

regards,

amit

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You say that the links on FlashIslands aren't helpful. Are you actually planning to use FlashIslands or just build a standalone UI in Flex? It sounds by your description that the latter is true. If so, how does your question related to the Web Dynpro ABAP topic? Are you sure you are asking your question in the correct forum? This forum is only for questions directly related to Web Dynpro ABAP development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

actually my question is releated to How to set up interface between Flex and DynPro?

I am creating a PO Creation Screen in Flex, once I will give input it will go to SAP server and chk data into SAP Tables.

if data is invalid then it should give error.

This is same as SAP PO creation screen, But just for attractive look I am designing front screen into Flex. but data will travel from SAP to Flex and visa-versa.

I don't know wheather I am writing forum in right place, But I got right person who can solve my problem.

please help me.

Edited by: veenas on Nov 6, 2009 8:00 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are writting a standalone Flex app that just consumes SAP services, then this is not the correct forum. This forum would be for Web Dynpro ABAP applications and we also include the topic of FlashIslands as they are used within Web Dynpro. Within FlashIslands you shouldn't recreate any UI elements that you can do in Web Dynpro in Flex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am not creating stand alone Flex Application.

I want to call Flex Application through Web Dyn-pro. and for that when I click Submit Button data should be validate and show message. how is this possible?

Which is the correct forum to ask this question?

please help.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> No, I am not creating stand alone Flex Application.

>

> I want to call Flex Application through Web Dyn-pro. and for that when I click Submit Button data should be validate and show message. how is this possible?

>

> Which is the correct forum to ask this question?

>

> please help.

Then FlashIslands is the correct technology to use. It allows data binding and event propigation between the Web Dynpro and Flash/Flex parts of your application. Have you studied the basic FlashIslands tutorials? Those show how to do simple data binding. That is all you need for this situation. The data entered in Flex gets bound to the Web Dynpro Context. Upon an event, the data is restored to the server side where you can do validations in normal ABAP logic. You also issue the messages on the server side using the Web Dynpro Message Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as thomas has mentioned to go thru the flash island tutorial so i m givinh u the link for the tutorial

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10989ef6-968c-2b10-50a9-eb34a5267163&override...

go thru this tutorial .

it might help you