Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizable Group

Sesh_Sreenivas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My view has a 'Group' component on the left containing a few 'Link to Actions' and a WD table at the centre. Depending on what link is clicked, the table data has to be refreshed.

My problem is, the WD table has got quite a few columns that occupy good amount of the screen space, and the user should have to scroll to left/right to view the entire content. So i would like to minimize or hide the group on the left side by click of a button or dragging (like how we hide the left panel in the SE80 transaction).

Is it possible to do something like this in WD ABAP? Is there any component which has got this feature?

Thanks in advance,

Seshadri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

proceed like this :

1 Place all ur UI elements into the TRAY UI instead of the GROUP

the reason being :

The Tray UI element is a UI element container like the Group UI element container and can be used to group a set of UI elements under one common title.

Unlike the Group UI element it provides additional functions. For example, the Tray UI element can be displayed or hidden.

2 tick or check the horizantally and vertically streched property of ur TRAY.

regards,

amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use the TRAY UI element and keep this group under this...

Under root container you should have a transparanet container(TCO) with GRID layout 2 columns

This root should be a matirx layout wtih 100% and strcthed horizontally as checked...these 2 options

should be set for all the GROUPs,TRAY, TCO/..

Under this TCO, have a TRAY and other TCO(which has TABLE UI again).

TRAY as 1st column, 2nd TCO as 2nd column....

Now, you can minimize the TRAY ..

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In general you can hide the Group Component when the user clicks the link to action button and

You can have a button to show the group again.

just bind the visible property of group to a attribute of type wdui_visiblity.

To hide the group just set the value as '01 '.

and to show the group component again, inside the button set the attribute to '02'.

Regards

Arun.P

Edited by: Arun Padmanaban on Nov 5, 2009 7:12 AM