cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Search Help in webdynpro abap

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 fields in my UI- say Object Type and Object Name. Both the fields are search helps which i have created.

Based on the selection made in the Object Type, the Object Name search help will be populated with values accordingly.

For Ex: Object Type can have values - Program, Project Cluster, etc.

If i select Program, then in my Object Name search help i should get values ERP Package 5.0, Netweaver, etc

and if i select Project Cluster, then in my Object Name search help i should get values HCM, FIN, etc.

How can i do this?

Regards,

Wilma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Wilma,

Please have a look at Web Dynpro test application WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP: The feature you are looking for is demonstrated with the first 2 fields, "Country" and "Depart. City": Enter a country code ("US") in the country field and press F4 on "Depart. City" field: The list will display US-Cities only.

Greetings,

Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf.

I checked the test application WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP. If it had behaved like the way you explained, then it would perfectly match my requirement.

But in the test application, in the search help for Country, there are no values for the country that i can select and only cities can be selected. The entry that i select in the input help for Country forms the input for the city field.

Kindly check and let me know.

Regards,

Victoria Wilma

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can refer the below thread.

[;

Regards,

Priya