cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - Accounting document line items are generating for each item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all of you,

We have done account determination for SD. Accounting documents are also generating, but with in the invoice accounting document, number of line items are generating for each item with in the sales order, standard invoice type is F2 like -

Item 001 - X Material

Item 002 - Y Material

Item 003 - Z Material

The accounting document is -

Line Item 001 - Customer Ac Dr

Line Item 002 - Discount A/c Dr

Line Item 003 - Sales revenue

Line Item 004 - Discount A/c Dr

Line Item 005 - Sales Revenue

Line Item 006 - Discount A/c Dr

Line Item 007 - Sales revenue

Line Item 008 - VAT

Even, in my experience I did not find this type of entry and the sales revenue and discount accounts are same with in the COA and is posted with in the plant.

Please give me your valuable suggestion to rectify the above issue.

Regards,

Ramki

Edited by: Ramki on Nov 5, 2009 10:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramki,

This is SAP Standard. System generates Accounting document line item for each Line items in Invoice.

This is standard & also required bacuase say you have different Material types in single Invoice (e.g.Material & Service items, Trading Goods, etc). The valuation class assigned to these Material Types may be different & you might want to post revenues from these Line items in different GL Accounts.

Hope this helps. .

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable reply Mr. Mehta,

You mean to say that if the materials belongs to separate valuation classes, then only system will generate line items accordingly. This is for MM / stock valuation only. Coming to SD, we have only one ERL account, then system has to rolled up the value for the ERL account by creating one revenue line item irrespective of the material line items. But this is not happening.

Please advice me

Regards

Ramki

Answers (0)