cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for SD Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to SAP & I like to learn the SD flow, basically i am a abap developer(I am not from MBA background so i dont know any business related information). Is it possible for me to learn SD flow. Because if i know the SD flow then i can easily do coding according to the business perspective. Can anyone help me on this??? What are the things i should do to learn SD flow.

Thanks n advance,

Vichu

mfarrikjamal
Participant
0 Kudos

The following topics defines the parameters and structure that you use in your day to day sales and distribution activities.

1. Inquiry - T code (VA11) - (Create/Edit/Display).

2. Quotation - T code (VA21) - (Create/Edit/Display).

3. Sales order - T code (VA01) - (Create/Edit/Display).

4. Delivery with reference to Sales order- T code (VL0N/VL02N/VL03N) - (Create/Edit/Display).

Under Delivery - Picking and Post Goods Issue.

5. Billing with reference to Delivery - T - Code - (VF01/VF02/VF03) - (Create/Edit/Display).

Above listed are the exact flow of SAP SD -

Inquiry and Quotation are Pre sales activities.

Sales Order to Billing are Post sales activities.

Thus we called it as ORDER TO CASH - Work Flow in SAP SD.

Thanks & Regards.

SAP SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can learn SD even you are not from MBA background, Just you have to analyse the Business scenarioes

SD flow basically has ORDER TO CASH flow

Customer comes to Business for Inquiry of a material with cost and Delivery & Payment terms

Business will raise a Quotation with reference to Inquiry and send to Business, if customer agrees then ,

Customer Places a Purchase order ( which is an external document like phone call or fax) for some material to the company and we will generate an order against the Purchase order

Delivers the goods to the customer

Bills the customer

The Amount will be posted to respective GL accounts

This is the Main flow and in between there are many integrations with other Modules like MM, FI, PP

So first get familiarize with the SD stuff and then you can learn the Integration.

You have to know the functionality of each field , then it will be easy to understand the End to End flow.

Please go through the link which gives some more details

Please revert back if you need any specific config.

[SD OVERVIEW|http://www.authorstream.com/presentation/tus.tambe-63007-sap-sd-overview-education-ppt-powerpoint/]

regards,

santosh

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, i am a bw consultant i have a interview tomorow,where i mentioned a implementation project with sd as main component,so pls help me how the data from SD get tranfeered to BW and also pls mention the various stages in sequence,i.e enqiury,quatation etc and the various fields from where we extract the data?pla respond me!

thanking you,

sshiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Frankly Speaking........ Really If you want to learn SD Better to Join Any of SAP Institute and learn the flow, then sit with your colleagues then only easily anybody can explain.

If you try to learn without coaching defenitely you would be trouble and will get more confuses in SD.

Hari Mandav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check below thread also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vichu 636

Its good to hear that you are interested to learn SD.

First of all MBA is not mandatory to learn SD.

As our friends said , business knowledge is must , this you can gain with help of buiness users.

When ever you have time sit with business users and ask them what is the process they are following.

Cash sales , rush order , consigment process , credit sales etc.

Then you can come to sap screens and see how that can be incorporated into SAP.

General sales flow will be as follows...

Inquiry - qutotation - order - delivery(picking& pgi) - billing .

My suggestion is dont read the books on sap sd right away, they will tell how to acheive the functionality , this you can learn once you learn the business process.

For example ... consignment process..

First undersatnd the consignment process , why it is used and what is the benifit of using it for the company etc.

After that come to SAP screens and learn which doc types , item categories , schedulines support consignment process and what is the pricing procedure for that etc...

Try to learn the AS-IS and TO-BE documents if you have in your company , and also read the case study of any company about the sales process..

I am sure that you will learn it fast , as you are already an ABAPer you can easily debug the screens and able to understand the fucntional part and technical part of SD.

All the best..

Regards,

Vvieks

"Grow and help others to Grow"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vichu,

First thing MBA is not the ticket for understanding the business. For learning SAP SD or any module, if you have business kowledge then you can do significantly well. Just remember SAP is only a Tool and all things is Business.

My suggestion --> Learn Business first and then you can easily understand SAP.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

Thanks for your guidance, can you please suggest me how to learn the business process.

Thanks,

Vichu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MBA is not necessary to understand the business process.To learn SD just we have to understand the sales process first.

This is the main part in SD.And many other modules are also linked in this such as MM,FI etc..

The SD process starts with Inquiry.

With reference to that inquiry,we are going to create the quotation.

Next thing is creation of sales order,Delivery,Picking and packing(optional),PGI and billing.This whole process is part of SD.Next step is paying that amount.This is related to FI.But we are going to do this process.

First we have to create a customer by using the T.Code "XD01".Prior to this we should be aware of the organisational structure.It is the very basic point in SD.It includes creation of company code,sales organisation and sales area etc...

While creating the custoemr we have to create in our company code and sales area.I hope you are aware that sales area is nothing but the combination of sales organisation/distribution channel and division.

Next primary step is to create a material master.For all these which fields have to be enabled and which are not are going to be customized.

Coming to sales order,this order type is defined by using the T.Code "VOV8" and creation is done by using "Va01" T.Code.

Here order type is the most important element.We can create our own order type.

Next thing is for providing authorisation for different T.Codes,we need help from our Basis people and ABAPer will help us to meet our business requirements if standard settings are not available.

My suggestion is first start with Organisation structure and try to understand that part.Later move to order and delivery.

First try to understand these concepts.

I am going to suggest you a good book to learn SD.That is "Glynn C Williams".

Pls go through these concepts.You will get some idea.This book is written in very simple terms.You will understand very easily.

Later know some concepts of Billing and payment.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

thanks for your suggestion. Do you mean the book "Implementing SAP SD". Is this the book which u mentioned I found this Ebook by google.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,the name of the book is "Implementing SAP ERP Sales & Distribution" Essential skills for SAP professionals by Glynn C Williams.

Pls read this book.You will definitely get some idea of SD process and some configuration settings also.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with try to get an basic idea of what is SD & how it works with other modules in SAP.

SD is simply Sales and Distribution.

As the name suggests, it's all about selling goods & distributing them to relevant parties and get the payments for relevant parties.

Why I mentioned "relevant parties" there was, one customer (A) might ask you N number of goods & ask you to deliver it to customer B. You might have to send the bill to customer C. and you might receive the payment from his head office D.

In general, sales process starts with Inquiry order placing. Customer can inquire from you about a product and when it can be delivered. You can enter it as a Inquiry order in SAP and set a delivery date. If customer is happy with that date, he might place a quotation. So in SAP you can convert your Inquiry order to Quotation and print that & give to the customer.

If he is happy with the price & everything, he might place the actual order. So in SAP, you can directly convert your quotation to Sales order. If your a manufacturing company of that product, now you can start manufacturing the relevant goods. This is where you link SD with PP & MM modules.

Once goods are manufactured, you have to deliver those using delivery documents.

Next step is to create the Billing for the customer. Same way from the delivery document you can create the billing document in SAP. With that accounting entries passed to FI side of SAP.

Once that's done, Finance can take the payment against that invoice and settle the outstanding amount from that customer.

This is complete SD process overview.

If you have an idea of what that is, then start going in to detail of each area.

You have to cover below areas in SD.

Customer Masters

Material Masters (Finished Goods)

Sales Order Creation

Delivery Creation

Billing Document Creation

Pricing.

Credit Management

check below link for more info. Go to Sales and Distribution link in that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm