cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM Catalog - Data extract from SRM to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone give the details about how to download Vendor, Products and Contracts from SRM to MDM?. I am familiar with MDMGX transaction.

Also, what exactly XI/PI role in this process?. Could anyone explain this?

Edited by: SteveLat on Nov 5, 2009 3:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You use MDMGX transaction to replicate look up tables like Product group,UoM,Countries etc in MDM.

You can use report in SRM to replicate following data in MDM

BBP_CCM_Transfer_Catalog-----Product master

ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG-----Supplier data

SRMMDM_CTR_Transfer----Contract data from SRM

The data from these reports is in Idoc form so XI/PI is used to convert the Idoc to XML data.Since MDM cant acccept IDoc.Once the data is converted to XML you can import in MDM .

Refer the link for further info

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001156822009E

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Hi Nisha,

I am new to SAP MDM and I Donu2019t know much about the technical side. So some of the stuff I ask is very basic. Sorry for that.

Could you please explain little bit more about how XI/PI is processing these reports? For example once we run these reports BBP_CCM_Transfer_Catalog---Product master, ROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOG-Supplier data, RMMDM_CTR_Transfer--Contract data from SRM.

Where the data from these report is stored?

How XI/PI is receiving these IDOCu2019s?.

How SRM is communicating t XI/PI?

Is there any RFC is needed to connect to XI/PI etc.

I am looking for little bit more to understand the technical process involved in this.

Also, When I tried the report u201CSRMMDM_CTR_Transferu201D , I got the message u2018SRMMDM_CTR_Transfer does not exitsu2019. Is there any OSS note I have to apply?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can explain little bit more about the XI/PI process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

The below link will give you the complete picture & steps for extracting data from SRM to MDM..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/6084defd-7e0c-2c10-0caa-97a52408e3e7