Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install cFolders 4.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I install cFolders?

In the service.sap.com/instguides, there is a note, which says that cFolders & cProjects Suite, are in same software as component CPRXPRM 450_700, which is installed through SAINT.

Also the instguides say that cProjects 4.5 is released for installation on SAP Netweaver 7.0, 7.01, ECC 6.0

So my question is

1- Do I need ECC 6.0 system, on which I would install xRPM?

2- Do I need ECC 6.0 system, on which I would install cFolders?

3- Can I install xRPM as standalone system, with ECC 6.0 on Oracle database?

4- Can I install cFolders as standalone system on Oracle database?

5- Can I install cFolders 4.5 as standalone system, without xRPM 4.5?

6- What are the pre-requisites to installing cFolders?

7- Where can I download the software for cFolders?

8- Is there any URL, sap help, guides, OSS Notes for cFolders pre-install tasks and installation and post-install activities.

Thanks for help in advance,

Haleem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find my answers below:

1- Do I need ECC 6.0 system, on which I would install xRPM?

No, definitely not! This is only an option to install it on top, which is typically not done. Typically installed standalone on NW Application Server.

2- Do I need ECC 6.0 system, on which I would install cFolders?

No, definitely not! This is only an option to install it on top, which is typically not done. Typically installed standalone on NW Application Server, mostly in the DMZ between intranet and internet.

3- Can I install xRPM as standalone system, with ECC 6.0 on Oracle database?

Yes.

4- Can I install cFolders as standalone system on Oracle database?

Yes.

5- Can I install cFolders 4.5 as standalone system, without xRPM 4.5?

Yes, of course!!

6- What are the pre-requisites to installing cFolders?

None besides the right NW stack below it.

7- Where can I download the software for cFolders?

On Service Marketplace.

8- Is there any URL, sap help, guides, OSS Notes for cFolders pre-install tasks and installation and post-install activities.

This is nowadays always residing in Solution Manager. For initial guidance, you can have a look at http://service.sap.com/instguides, there the Master Guide in the area of "using cProject Suite 4.5", and the installation guide of cFolders 3.1 (basic install guidance similar to 4.5) - http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000591550&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&;

Hope this helps. What do you want to use cFolders for? Which industry?

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf for the update.

We are installing cFolders for a agricultural company, in the DMZ. When I install cFolders Typically standalone on NW Application Server, I have following questions.

1- How can I install cFolders as standalone system. Is the install through a business package, or through JSPM, SDM or through SAPINST?

2- (Please note that SAPInstguides contain information on configuration, upgrade and security of cFolders, but there is no install guide or master guide specifically on how to install cFolders)

Can anyone provide a link for cFolders installation?

3- (The cProjects Suite Master guide is available) on ServiceMarketplace. Can anyone provide a link for cFolders master guide?

4- Where can I find the guidelines for above point 1, in Solution Manager? I have already done the setup in SMSY. Is there a Tcode in SolMan to find the install guide for cFolders?

5- Can I install cFolders 4.5 only as standalone system, without the cProjects Suite 4.5?

6- What is the right NW stack below it to install cFolders? Is it ABAP stack or JAVA stack or a DUAL stack?

7- Can I just install SAP NW 2004s without EHP and then install CFolders, or do I need SAP NW2004s with EHP?

7b- If I need EHP with SAP NW 2004S install, which EHP do I need?

8- Does cFolders install oracle database only, or I have to first install Oracle Database and then cFolders?

Thanks, Haleem

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, see my responses below:

1- How can I install cFolders as standalone system. Is the install through a business package, or through JSPM, SDM or through SAPINST?

This is all described in the Master Guide, Installation Guide, and related notes.

2- (Please note that SAPInstguides contain information on configuration, upgrade and security of cFolders, but there is no install guide or master guide specifically on how to install cFolders)

Can anyone provide a link for cFolders installation?

It is all described in the Master Guide.

3- (The cProjects Suite Master guide is available) on ServiceMarketplace. Can anyone provide a link for cFolders master guide?

4- Where can I find the guidelines for above point 1, in Solution Manager? I have already done the setup in SMSY. Is there a Tcode in SolMan to find the install guide for cFolders?

5- Can I install cFolders 4.5 only as standalone system, without the cProjects Suite 4.5?

Of course.

6- What is the right NW stack below it to install cFolders? Is it ABAP stack or JAVA stack or a DUAL stack?

See SAP Project and Portfolio Management 4.5 using SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Master Guide, as indicated, pages 20 and following on Collaboration Folders. It is NetWeaver 7.0. Only ABAB stack.

7- Can I just install SAP NW 2004s without EHP and then install CFolders, or do I need SAP NW2004s with EHP?

7b- If I need EHP with SAP NW 2004S install, which EHP do I need?

See Master Guide. No EHP needed.

8- Does cFolders install oracle database only, or I have to first install Oracle Database and then cFolders?

Not sure what you mean. This is covered in the NetWeaver 7.0 Guides. There you can decide on which DB and OS to use and hence what is being done on this foundational level. Oracle DB installation is part of this.

Regards, Ulf.

Answers (0)