cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi processing server restarts automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My Web Intelligence processing server automatically recycles (restarts) in ten minumtes even the users are actively accessing the webi reports. Anyone know whether there are any ways to bypass this problem?

(I checked the parameters of webi processing servers and they should not cause the servers to recycle in 10 mins)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Does it mean the command line parameter under 'Adapative Processing Server'? i.e., -Xms32m and -Xmx256m in the following text?

>>>

"-server" "-Dbobj.javaserver.home=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server" "-Dcom.businessobjects.pjs.common.dir=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/java/lib/" "-Dcom.businessobjects.pjs.conf.file=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server/conf/config.xml" "-Dorg.apache.geronimo.base.dir=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server/platform" "-Djava.io.tmpdir=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server/platform/var/temp" "-Dbusinessobjects.logs.home=/bi_01/boe31/bobje/logging/" "-Xms32m" "-Xmx256m" "-DXorg.apache.geronimo.gbean.NoProxy=true" "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=false" -jar "/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server/bin/boeserver.jar" "-workdir" "/bi_01/boe31/bobje/enterprise120//java/server/work"

<<<

If this is correct, the maximum value I can set for Xmx is 1024m, i.e., -Xmx1024m.

Please kindly suggest and comment.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Check heap size parameters.

-Xms<initial heap size>

-Xmx<maximum heap size>

Regards

Pramod Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seb,

We are using BOE XI 3.1 SP1.8.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

which Version and SP of BOE are you using ?

Regards

-Seb.