cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development and Quality Assurance clients on the same instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is possible to work in parallel with two clients: one for Development and the other for Quality Assurance on one SAP Solution Manager instance: SID?

Regards,

Lui Peng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager installation automatically configures a dual stack system (ABAP + JAVA). The Java stack can only connect to one ABAP client at a time. It is theoretically possible that you could perform another installation of a JAVA stack - so you would have one ABAP and two JAVA stacks on a system. Once JAVA stack would point to ABAP Client 100 and the other wold point to ABAP Client 200. I've never done this before, but it could work. You would need to following the JAVA post installation guide to connect the second JAVA stack to your other solution manager clients. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Your reply has a very good sounding since the Java Stack only work with only one client. The addition of Java type stack installation will connect to other ABAP client has cleared me the mind. However, I haven't tried the second Java Stack installation over an already installed ABAP+Java SAP.

Thanks!

Lui Peng.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is possible and you can have DEV and QA on same server

We have at one location 2 server solman landscape in which we have DEV(100) and QA(200) on 1st server and PRD(100) on another server.

Hope it clarifies your doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Nov 5, 2009 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Very good to hear from your comments. No obstant, I have no idea on how to customize the SolMan with the command: configtool so this SolMan Java type can work with two clients (DEV/100) and (QAS/200) of the same SAP instance. On the ABAP type, I see no problems.

Regards,

Lui Peng