cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing the project after Authorisation of Change req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dedar SolMan Gurus.

We have this issue to be solved. When I authorize the change request and I have more than one project for one system landscape (component), than for creating a normal correction the system sometimes offeres me one or more projects. On what metters it depends? On the phase of maintenace cycle. If yes than this should be wrong. No matter what phase is, I want to at least develop changes. I do not have to release them. If there is another reason please let me know.

When I am using u-gent correction the system let me choose even form the maitenace cycles in phas go-live (at least I think ).

Thank you very much for you answers.

Best regards,

Petr Syka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The selection of project and maintenance cycle depends on the ibase you are selecting. You should always select the target system's ibase and based on the transport route created to the target system, the project gets selected.

In normal correction, your maintenance cycle should be in the phase 'Devlopement with Release ' or Developement w/o Release'. This is because you are using the task list of maintenance cycle. Normal correction does not have its own task list.

You can create u'gent correction till your maintencnce cycle phase is 'Emergency Correction'. U'gent correction has its own task list,so its not depending on the maintenance cycle task list.

Please revert in case of any doubt.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev.

Thank you for your answer. So, in other words, if the phase of maintenance cycle is "Test" or "Go-Live" the system will not offer the adequate project?? The system should offer developing solutions in development system no matter the phase is. The matter that I cannot release TR and transport it to QAS is another thing. I can move phase back to development with release.

Regards,

Petr

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

Its not related with your project. Its like you cannot go ahead and create a normal correction is your maintenance cycle is not in the proper phase. If your maintenance cycle is there is Test phase, you cant do a developement or in other words creation of CR.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you again. I consider it, as a bug of SAP. We still think, that no matter the phase is (except Go-live) you sould be able to develop changes. To release it, Change manager can move the phase back.

In other case, you can use U-gent correction...

Regards again,

Petr

Answers (0)