cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DTW to add documents in previous periods

former_member221340
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to add documents in previous posting periods using DTW?

I was able to using SBO 2005 SP0, but now I am using SBO 2005 SP1 PL3, and whenever I try to add documents with DocDates outside of the current month (period) I get this error in DTW:

Date deviates from permissable range [OINV.DocDate]Application-defined or object-defined error.

All previous periods are Active and not locked. I also have "Block documents with previous posting date" unchecked in "Document Settings"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

Since you applied SP01 for Business One 2005A, have you tried to enter transactions within Business One itself for previous periods and are you able to post them? The DTW uses the DI API and follows the same logic as Business One itself.

HTH,

Eddy

former_member221340
Participant
0 Kudos

Eddy,

I tried entering an invoice for a previous period within Business One itself, and it did not work.

However, if I make that previous period the current period, then it does work.

Is there a way to change the current period in a way that DTW can recognize? If that were possible, I guess I could import the documents one period at a time.

Thank you,

Mike

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

Unfortunately there is not as far as I am aware and as far as I have tested. You would need to make the current period the period that you want to import transactions for. Import those transactions, close the period and make the next one the current.

Sorry ...

Eddy

Answers (0)