cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know how can I embed my Images (actually Icons) at one main Component and use them in another WDP Component. We currently have these Icons spread over many DC's, and I think they all should be stored in one central place.

Also, how can I "LINK" a property (source property) to use this new location.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes u can do that plz go through the below given link. This contain export but with that it contains detail for using image of the other component.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/edc2f3c2-0401-0010-8898-acd5b6a94353&override...

Regards,

H.V.Swathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Here the problem is in the following. When you specify Image name for some UI control property the image shall be located in the same WD component in /mimes folder. WebDynpro can load images by relative file names only withing the current WD component. It cannot load it from other component or other DC.

Solution could be to operate with absolute URLs to the images instead of relative image names. So your common Image component shall provide public API or public context attributes with URLs to the images. Then component -image consumer can invoke the API and bind the image URL to his context dynamically at runtime. Or component -image consumer can establish a context mapping to the common image component and get the URLs by the mapping.

BR, Siarhei