cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Adobe Form that has fields similar to those in SAP R/3. This adobe form resides in one of the users desktop. Whenever the user clicks on a submit button on the adobe form, the corresponding fields in R/3 have to be updated.

Could you please suggest a solution on this?

I am thinking of two of them:

1. using webservices

2. using stored procedures.

I am not sure if these approches would work or not.

Thanks in advance

karthika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My company is looking to improve document management within SAP, our version is 4.70. Right now we are not doing any B2E or web based work. Can someone guide me to where we need to start with integrating Adobe for managing documents?

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

The best option here is to use Web services. This will work perfectly. Just develop a form using the web service as the data connection for the form. The web service will run within Intranet of your organization. For making it available outside Intranet you have to expose and register this web service. After that it will work outside organization also.

Another option is to use Guided Procedures. Using this you can send the adobe form to the users e-mail id. User will fill it and send it back to the e-mail id from which he has received it. Once the form will be received the GP will automatically read the data and will provide to you WD Java application. To follow this approach you can use following document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e0e7ae84-1879-2c10-df86-983ba98be5f1

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

FIrst of all I want to thank for your reply.

I would prefer to introduce a webservice here. Could you please let me know the flow and technical skills required to use this approach?

Technically I would like to know the how the Adobe Form interacts to Webservice using a webservice and how a connection is established to SAP? Some documentation would help.

And any licencing required for the same?

Regards

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

you can do this using Interactive form UI element in webdynpro.

Technically you have to take care of this:

1) I hope the ADS configuration is done in your system and its working fine.

2) you have to install adobe life cycle designer to design the form.

How to use webservice in an adobe form :

The below PDF will give a clear picture how to integrate webservice in an interactive form.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/148ec26e-0c01-0010-e488-decaafae...

Hope this things will clear your requirement.

Regards,

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Thanks for your reply

I was specifically looking for webservice with standalone Adobe LCD as I my requirement doesnt allow me to use Webdynpro.

Your reply was informative.

Please provide me information pertaining to my questions in previous reply.

Regards

Karthika

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

You should have knowledge of ABAP for creating a web service if you want it in R/3 side. You can develop that webservice from a function module or BAPI in SAP and using that web service in your form you can connect to SAP system to get data and to save data. But this will work within intranet. For using this webservice over the internet the organisation must have to register this web service and after that it will be available out side organisation intranet.

Also you can use webservices made in java, but I don't have much knowledge over that. For using webservice in you form just goto data view tab and right click->select new data connection, choose WSDL file-> click next and give the url of the WSDL file. you will get the functionalities on the next screen, select the required one-> it will generate the fields under data view. For creating these fields on the screen, just right click on the Root in the data view-> select generate fields, it will generate the fields with one action button to execute the web service.

There is no document available in my knowledge, however you can search on SDN.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.