Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured alerts.

I am receiving the alert mails. But the sender interface name and receiver interface name are both same.

What could be the reason

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I am receiving the alert mails. But the sender interface name and receiver interface name are both same.

You must be getting this situation when error is happening at the Adapter level, isn't it?

This may happen when a message fails in the Adapter Framework. The Adapter Framework uses only one interface or namespace.

On the other hand, the Integration Server differentiates between the sender and receiver interfaces. When a message fails, the interface name is copied to the alert structure in the sender and receiver interface field, provided that the corresponding sender/receiver service is known.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this happens at the Adapter level.

So there is no way that we get the actual sender interface name?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

When you are configuring the alert you can use the SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE and SXMS_TO_INTERFACE.

I don't think you will get the same interface name when the scenario is fails at adapter level also.

Check properly the container variables.

Check this link for container variables.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ramesh,

I don't think you will get the same interface name when the scenario is fails at adapter level also.

Check SAP Note - 913858 (Question# 2).

-- Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

> Yes this happens at the Adapter level.

> So there is no way that we get the actual sender interface name?

Unfortunately no, we can't get that. Limitation of ALM

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Nov 4, 2009 3:13 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your alert category's long and short text description in Alrtcatdef transaction.

It should be like :

Sender interface: &SXMS_ FROM _ INTERFACE& ( remove the spaces before and after _ )

Recevier interface: &SXMS_ TO_ INTERFACE&

Pooja