SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Outbound - sending multiple EANs per article in WP_PLU03

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration help on POS Outbound profile field TWPFI-EAN_ART (Indicator for article/EAN cross-reference) indicates that in this flag should be maintained when older POS systems are not able to accomodate a relationship between article number and UPC/EAN when multiple UPCs/EANs exist for an article.

Example: Article 4711 has UPC 123 and 456, both for UOM "EA". When the article is created and RWDPOSUP (TCode WPMU) or RWDPOSAN (TCode WPMA) is executed, two IDocs are generated: WP_PLU03 and WP_EAN01. However, I cannot use both IDocs as a source for my POS system's PLU. Instead, I want the WP_PLU03 to contain all UPCs/EANs for the article - in essence I would have two E1WPA01 segments for article 4711 - one for UPC 123 and the other for UPC 456. The help for this field, as I understand it, would do just this - however, enabling the configuration has no apparent effect, and in debugging the code, I cannot find where TWPFI-EAN_ART is taken into account during IDoc generation. Has anyone used this configuration before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

key of the record WP_PLU IDoc is the article number and unit of measurement. This is always transferred with the main EAN/UPC (MARM-EAN11 in the article master data). All additional EAN (from table MEAN in the article master data) are transferred in the WP_EAN Message. There is no option to include additional EAN/UPCs into the WP_PLU IDoc.

This approach works well as long as the POS system uses a similar data model with PLUs (with the key of the main EAN/UPC) and cross reference UPCs in a separate table.

However if your POS system requires a PLU per EAN/UPC it would be necessary that the middleware between SAP Retail and POS creates these records as a combination of the WP_PLU and WP_EAN messages. In this case it would be required that the POS Outbound creates a WP_EAN message each time when a WP_PLU message is created and vice versa.

The creation of this additional message can be controlled by the Parameter TWPFI-EAN_ART.

Regards Carsten

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

key of the record WP_PLU IDoc is the article number and unit of measurement. This is always transferred with the main EAN/UPC (MARM-EAN11 in the article master data). All additional EAN (from table MEAN in the article master data) are transferred in the WP_EAN Message. There is no option to include additional EAN/UPCs into the WP_PLU IDoc.

This approach works well as long as the POS system uses a similar data model with PLUs (with the key of the main EAN/UPC) and cross reference UPCs in a separate table.

However if your POS system requires a PLU per EAN/UPC it would be necessary that the middleware between SAP Retail and POS creates these records as a combination of the WP_PLU and WP_EAN messages. In this case it would be required that the POS Outbound creates a WP_EAN message each time when a WP_PLU message is created and vice versa.

The creation of this additional message can be controlled by the Parameter TWPFI-EAN_ART.

Regards Carsten

0 Kudos

This is what I thought, but was in hopes that it was not the case. Thanks.