cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing assignment of network activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS champs

It is possible to change the assignment of a network activity from one WBS element to another.

The settlement strategy for the network activity is 2 i.e. to the assigned WBS element, so whenever i change the assignment of the activity to a new WBS element, the settlement rule receiver WBS element also changes.

However this happens only if the original settlement rule is not used.Once the settlement rule is used and then when you change the assignment, the settlement receiver WBS element does not change. This can cause a huge problem.

is it possible to prevent an user from changing the assignment once the original settlement rule is used.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's your requirement?

Want to change the settlement assignment with new WBS assignment at activity?

Once settlement executed, the WBS in the distribution rule doesn't change even if you change the WBS in the activity assignment.

The change happens only if it's not settled. I mean before settlement.

Edited by: psconsultant on Nov 5, 2009 12:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS consultant

I know that and that is what i have written,

I want to know is there any way to restrict the user from changing the assignment once the settlement rule has been used(meaning it has been settled once).

because there will be inconsistency between the assignment and settlement rule.

I want to restrict this change of assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may make the WBS filed as "Display" in Field selection: Network: Details (TCODE OPUC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

arre boss by making it display will not help

you can still change the assignment by dragging the network actiivity from one wbs to another wbs

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, Indeed good questiion,

you have to try to find out user status at activity level & forbidd perticular business transaction but I have checked there is no direct busienss trnasaction ( Lock assignment is there but it will lock postings on activity not assignment of activity ) that will help you.. Just check with your real data.

Let us wait for Experts opinion.

With Regards

Nitin P.