cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to click "Selection Variant" in Transaction ME21N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam working on SAPGUI 640.

When iam using sapgui recording in the Transaction ME21N,

I have to click a button "Selection Variant" then i have to click Contracts in that menu.

when i record and play back,the script fails.because it is not recognising the "selection Variant"symbol.

Could you guys know how to make the symbol recognisable.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks in Advance,

Rajender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you replay the transaction with breaks, so that you can see exactly what is happening (in the start options, set the SAPGUI replay options to stop at each ProcessedScreen)

It may be that the Selection Variant button is not present during replay. In this case, you would need to make the step where this button is pressed as optional.

ME21N is a difficult transaction to automate because it always remembers what you were last doing in it and restarts the transaction from that point. You can delete the user settings (so you always start the transaction as though for the first time) using the following code in your script:

ABAP.
* Delete all User-Settings in MM
  DELETE FROM ESDUS WHERE UNAME = SY-UNAME.
* Delete all User-Settings in search help
  DELETE FROM DDSHDEFSH WHERE USERNAME = SY-UNAME.
ENDABAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you not use the ME21N transaction as it is an enjoy transaction and does not get along with BDC. Either use the ME21 transaction or the BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I cant use Transaction ME21.because iam testing for SAP ECC500.so i have to do recording in ME21N.

and could you please tell me how to use and where to use

BAPI BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

awaiting for further comments,

Thanks,

Rajender