Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tableview filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum-

I have a tableview with 2 columns

code & description

itab for my tableview contains only the "code" column.

Using iterator (get_column_definition and render cell start) I add and fill in my "description" column (which is stored in a different table).

Also, I have a filter="server" defined for my tableview.

Now, the question is: how can I make the "description" column filterable? If I fill in a search condition for my "description" column it doesn't do anything since this column is not a part of the itab. If I try to sort it then I get the error: Invalid Dynamic Link Componnet.

I know that I can disable the sort and filter option for this particular column but that doesn't do any good to me. I want to filter and sort on this dynamically added "description" column.

How do I do it?

Thanks,

Partho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using BEE to render the cell value.

What I am asking is how to sort/filter my tableview column, created using BEE (this column doesn't exists in itab).

I solved it creating the "description" column in my itab and then passing it to the tableview.

If there is a better technique (which I am sure there is) then please let me know. In the meantime I'll keep the thread open.

Thanks.

Partho

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use CL_HTMLB_MANAGER=>GET_FILTER_ROW_VALUE method to read the filter value entered by the user in oninputprocessing.

in oninitialization create the instance of the iterator and pass the filter row value to the iterator class.

now within the iterator RENDER_ROW_START method check the row value for the field descrption, if it doesnt meet the filter criteria SKIP the row.

This approach can be implemented only if you know the value which is going to be set for description field at render row start level. i am not sure how this can be handled if the value will be known only in render cell start method.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BSP Element Expressions. hope you will get the solution.

For BSP Element Expressions go through the weblog given below..

/people/brian.mckellar/blog/2003/10/30/bsp-programming-bsp-element-expressions-bees

Regards,

Azaz Ali.