cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign user to object from VBS BAPI_USER_APPLICATION_OBJ_ADD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to be able to use a function like BAPI_USER_APPLICATION_OBJ_ADD from a vb script. After beating my head against the wall for the last few days and not having full access to the SAP environment I finally got enough access to see that the object was not remote enabled (which I think means I can't call it)

The SAP team I am dealing with are novices in this area, so they are not much help. So what can I do to make this work.

Can I ?

Recompile the existing function as a user function and make it remote enabled?

Have them write a remote enabled function that can call this function?

Make this function remote enabled?

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I need to be able to use a function like BAPI_USER_APPLICATION_OBJ_ADD from a vb script. After beating my head against the wall for the last few days and not having full access to the SAP environment I finally got enough access to see that the object was not remote enabled (which I think means I can't call it)

>

> The SAP team I am dealing with are novices in this area, so they are not much help. So what can I do to make this work.

>

> Can I ?

>

> Recompile the existing function as a user function and make it remote enabled?

> Have them write a remote enabled function that can call this function?

> Make this function remote enabled?

>

> Thanks in Advance

If you wanted to make it remote-enabled, you could copy it to a Z function module and make the changes there, or, like your second suggestion, create a remote-enabled function module that would do nothing other than call this function module, passing along the parameters. The latter option would be better than the Z option, as then you would benefit from any patches or fixes to the existing function module without any changes on your part.

Cheers,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So now I know what can be done, can anyone give me a quick walk through on how do do it. What I am looking for is a description of what application to use to get a piece of code "compiled" For the sake of argument I agree that a function that calls this function would be best, but I dont have those skills availalbe to me, what I do have is the code that I need to turn into a Z function, I just dont know how to do it.

Answers (0)