cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Business Partner Address in SAP B1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

WHile i extract SAP datas for my ETL Product,I found some issues..Hereby i m telling the steps to reproduce that in Demo database of OEC Computers..

1.Open SAP B1 Business Partner data

2.Open C40001 Business partner data..

3.Open Addresses tab of that Business partner

4.Click Bill to Address..And u can c no datas is present for that BP 'C40001'.

5.And Open OCRD in Sql Server.. And u can c Address as '208 Hollywood Av'and ZipCode as '28989'.And it's present in XML of that Business Partner data but not shown in UI in Address tab..

6.Where these datas are present in Business Partner UI..How can i view those in UI?

Please give me a clear information for that..

Thanks in Advance

regards

Sooriyakala.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooriya,

Data in the Addresses tab is stored under table CRD1.

Could be that you have imported the data in OCRD (which is a mirror of the CRD1 table for the customer) but forgot to do it in the CRD1.

Hope helps,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a total of 14 companies with this problem in the OEC Computer demo database:

C23900 Parametechnology

C30009 Microchips

C40001 Earthshaker Corp.

C40002 Bees Computers

C40003 Stone

C40005 Mashina Corp.

C50003 ADA Technologies

V1010 Far East Imports

V1011 HB

V20000 Lasercom

V29304 Binat Tech.

V3890 Blockies Corp

V4894 Lumarx

V80090 SMD technologies

All the addresses in CRD1 had type 'S' so there are no billing addresses at all. It seems like someone (accidentally or for some some kinky reason) ran a query such as "update crd1 set adrestype='S'" on it.

Henry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooriya,

I was able to reproduce the issue in our demo database.

This is most likely just an anomaly in that specific database, maybe created by manipulating the database directly.

The actual data of the BP Addresses grid comes from CRD1. The third shipping address for BP 'C40001' actually seems to have the same information as in OCRD.Address.

The Address field in OCRD is just a convenience shortcut that should duplicate whatever is written to the single billto address for that customer. You're right that the field should be empty as there are no billto address rows in CRD1 for that customer.

I'm pretty sure you will not be able to reproduce this in a real live database. However, there are other issues to watch out for with BP addresses. For instance with SBO 2004, there is a issue regarding updating the name of a billto address. If you do it with DI API (or with DTW), you will end up with two billing addresses. This cannot be done in the client, as it is against the validation rules. The nasty part is that DI API does not currently support removal of BP addresses. It's no fun doing it manually for 4000 customers

Henry