cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUI-18001:operating system AIX is not supported.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am installing my NW 7.0 SR2 system on AIX and oracle 10.2.0.2.

During database installation, when RUNINSTALLER is doing the prerequisite check it is showing me error:

OUI-18001: operating system AIX is not supported.

My AIX system is of version 5300-10-01.

Its very strange that it is giving error for AIX 5.3 ML 10. And in log it is showing that tool is expecting result 5200.004 or 5300.002.

Is it true that for AIX 5.3 ML 10 is not supported for oracle ?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

According to SAP Note [1119631|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1119631] TL10 is supported. Have you tried ignoring the warning and going on with the install? Another thing to try may be to update the installer.

Hope that helps!

J. Haynes

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that AIX 5.3 TL10 is supported.

But problem is I tried below things:

1) Dowloaded the latest RDBMS file and update the folder SAP in /oracle/stage/102_64/database/Disk1/SAP.

2) Also tried used latest RUNINSTALLER.

3) Also tried to use option ignoresysprereqs.

But in all these options I am still getting same error. Might be I can ignore this error and proceed. But I want to make sure that it will not harm anything because same thing I have to do to install my PRD environment.

Is it ok if i will downgrade ML level to 2 instead of using 10 on AIX 5.3 ?

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Nov 4, 2009 7:13 PM

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

edit file RUNINSTALLER (with your favorite editor such as "vi")

it contains a line to call the Oracle installer. add option -ignoresysprereqs into that line, save the file and run RUNINSTALLER again.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But all that means is I should neglect this warning. Then why shall I cannot ignore this without using ignoresysreqs and proceed ?

Is there any benefit to add ignoresyspreqs in RUNINSTALLER ?

Thanks

Sunny

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

As an alternative, you can adjust oraparam.ini file with your operating system version detail.

Please refer the following SAP Notes carefully :

[SAP Note 980426 - Oracle 10.2 Software installation on new operating systems|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=980426]

[SAP Note 833766 - Oracle Database 10g: Software installation problems 10.1.0|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=833766]

I hope this info. will be helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik.

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through all these notes.

My only concern was: Is this standard bug in RUNINSTALLER or this has some negative effect on server as well ?

From above discussion, the thing which I can conclude is- this is the bug and we can neglect this error.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

If an operating system or a specific operating system version had not yet been released or available when the Oracle release was released, it is not taken into account in the configuration file of the Installer oraparam.ini. If the Oracle release is subsequently certified for the operating system version at a later stage, you can install it using the workarounds described in this note[ 980426|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=980426].

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Oracle support the following AIX MLs for Oracle 10.2 (Refering to metalink note #169706.1)

5.2 ML4 or higher, 5.3 ML2 or higher, 6.1, 10.2.0.4.0 & above AIX 5.3 TL5 (5300-05)

So run the installer with "-ignoreSysPrereqs".

Regards

Stefan