Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - composite role is requiring profile name

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I am configuring ERM (AC 5.3 SP8) and have imported all single and composite roles. I have naming standards set up for all Single roles, composite roles, derived roles, and profile names. However, when I try to create or change a composite role, it thinks a profile needs to be there (I blank it out on the create). Composite roles don't require profile names.

If I delete the naming standard for profile, it doesn't require a profile for composite. But then when I create a single role, it isn't there either. I really want to maintain a naming standard for profiles for single and derived roles. How can I do this without needing it for my composite roles?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

I have not tried this myself as the client where I am at now have not implemented ERM. This sounds like a bug to me. You may want to check wtih SAP.

Alpesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

I have not tried this myself as the client where I am at now have not implemented ERM. This sounds like a bug to me. You may want to check wtih SAP.

Alpesh

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

It is a bug with SAP.

You can have naming standards for profiles as long as you have ENFORCED=disabled. So, basically, as long as you don't enforce your (profile) naming standards you can delete the profile name when you are creating a composite role. It sort of defeats the purpose of enforcing naming standards but at least it's a work around. SAP has this in development right now and it is being looked at.

Regards,

Peggy