Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make plant batch-managed

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a plant SP01 with 4 storage locations. My goal is to make this plant SP01 for 1 storage location to be batch managed.

The materials for this plant will be batch-managed at the sales order level. Can anyone pls let me know how to turn the plant for 1 specific storage location to be batch-managed ?

thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to exclude some storage locations from batch management, while keeping few batch managed in a plant.

This is becuase batch management is kept at three levels

1) At client level or

2) At material level or

3) At Plant level.

If the batch management is activated at Plant level, then it applies to all storage location assigned to that plant.

In standard SAP, it looks the batch is managed at Plant level. Check t.code OMCE, on which level the batch level is maintained in your system.

Regards

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like it is managed at plant level which i believe apply to all plants.

In this case, can i make some materials batch and not batch by checking the batch indicator in Material Master ?

What other things do i have to look into to make a plant batch managed ?

Thanks.

Joyce

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, can i make some materials batch and not batch by checking the batch indicator in Material Master ?

- Yes you can keep some material as batch managed and some as non-batch managed using batch management indicator at the material master level.

What other things do i have to look into to make a plant batch managed ?

- From SAP help at http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/25/2838714f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

following details should be noted down,

Batch management at Plant level

The batch number is unique in connection with the plant and material.

The batch number is only known in the plant in which it was created if the stock is transferred to another plant, the batch is unknown in the recipient plant and the system does not adopt any data. You have to recreate and specify the batch in the receiving plant; that is, the same batch number may have different specifications in several plants.

Regards

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Shiva,

Thank you for the info. It has been helpful.

Joyce